Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2008-01-09 10:20:47

barokgs11

shakuhachiforum database backup

Few minutes ago I tried to open shakuhachiforum and I got a nosense page on my browser. That was due to an error of my internet service provider but I thought for a moment that the forum was hacked and that every piece of information was gone.

Dear administrators, tell me that we have periodical database backups, so  that I can sleep peacefully smile

#2 2008-01-09 10:44:17

amokrun

Re: shakuhachiforum database backup

barokgs11 wrote:

Few minutes ago I tried to open shakuhachiforum and I got a nosense page on my browser. That was due to an error of my internet service provider but I thought for a moment that the forum was hacked and that every piece of information was gone.

Dear administrators, tell me that we have periodical database backups, so  that I can sleep peacefully smile

Technically it wouldn't be impossible to mirror the whole thing without a database dump by just crawling through the pages and storing the relevant content. Quite a bit like what google does, only slightly more focused. Naturally you can't catch things like user accounts this way because they aren't visible. So yeah, backups are the way to go in the long run. If anyone needs help with that stuff, drop me a note.

#3 2008-01-09 11:30:52

Mujitsu
Administrator/Flutemaker
Website

Re: shakuhachiforum database backup

barokgs11 wrote:

Ilke,

The forum is backed up whenever a new version is installed as well as periodic back ups between versions. Pleasant dreams!

Ken

Board footer