World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2008-01-31 14:26:47

Mujitsu
Administrator/Flutemaker
Website

Horst Xenmeister speaks.

This video is based on forum member Horst. Love him or hate him, he's a force. He gave me permission to publish this.

Two characters in this one: "Horst" and "Ricebag" = the rest of us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvzVwLFf984

KL

#2 2008-01-31 15:21:17

amokrun

Re: Horst Xenmeister speaks.

I haven't laughed this much for quite a while. Who did the voices for that?

#3 2008-01-31 15:34:28

TOTO
Website

Mujitsu wrote:

This video is based on forum member Horst. Love him or hate him, he's a force.

Master wants me to express how much he enjoyed Sensei Horst's video. He laughed so hard that he knocked over his bottle of Thunderbird.

Master Toto Benjo, Imeoto of Toilet Paper Shakuhachi Ryu, wants to send Sensei a real Toilet Paper Shakuhachi so Xenmeister Horst can finally see for himself how much material effects empty space for empty sound in empty head.

Thank you,

Slam, head deshi

"Tee-Hee is the highest note attainable in the Toilet Paper Shakuhachi Ryu." — Master Toto Benjo

#4 2008-01-31 15:37:10

Seth

I am actually at a loss of words.

I imagine a few people will chuckle and think this was cute but that is really a very niave response.

A hundred years from now shakuhachi devotees, I predict, will refer to this video as the Kaido Honsoku of our time.   Very profound stuff.

#5 2008-01-31 16:04:35

edosan
Edomologist

Seth wrote:

Very profound stuff.

Indeed...

Zen is not easy.
It takes effort to attain nothingness.
And then what do you have?
Bupkes.

#6 2008-01-31 16:05:48

Yooper

I too am speechless.
I chuckled and thought it cute.
Okay, I'm naive.

"Simple and artless."

#7 2008-01-31 19:21:37

Mujitsu
Administrator/Flutemaker
Website

amokrun wrote:

Who did the voices for that?

The voices are made from text to voice software. There are different kinds of voices to choose from. You type, it speaks. There is a creepy mechanical quality to the voices I like.

#8 2008-01-31 19:23:09

Moran from Planet X
Website

Seth wrote:

A hundred years from now shakuhachi devotees, I predict, will refer to this video as the Kaido Honsoku of our time.

If I have ever uttered an unkind word to or about Herr Xenmeister. If I have even thought an unkind thought about Herr Xenmeister. If I have looked the slighest askance at the posted comments of Herr Xenmeister, may I now ask for profound forgiveness and undeserved absolution.

(I am on a typing and fluting 'holiday' because of a ripped up middle finger tendon, but I throw caution to the 4 winds upon viewing the legendary Xenmeister's Great Work)

Herr Xenmeister Horst, sir, I hoist a Near-Beer to you and tonight will grill a non-fat tofu sausage in your honor.

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I am all out of bubblegum." —Rowdy Piper, They Live!

#9 2008-01-31 19:23:28

amokrun

Mujitsu wrote:

The voices are made from text to voice software. There are different kinds of voices to choose from. You type, it speaks. There is a creepy mechanical quality to the voices I like.

Oh. Which software did you use? I have tried quite a few but none of the voices sounded familiar. I think they actually sounded pretty decent, especially given the context.

#10 2008-01-31 19:29:10

Mujitsu
Administrator/Flutemaker
Website

amokrun wrote:

Mujitsu wrote:

Oh. Which software did you use? I have tried quite a few but none of the voices sounded familiar. I think they actually sounded pretty decent, especially given the context.

I used "Free Natural Reader." It's important to write phonetically. For example, "shakuhachi" might work better as "shawkoohawchi." It depends on the voice.

#11 2008-01-31 19:35:09

amokrun

Mujitsu wrote:

I used "Free Natural Reader." It's important to write phonetically. For example, "shakuhachi" might work better as "shawkoohawchi." It depends on the voice.

Looking back, the incorrectly pronounced "shakuhachi" should have clued me in that it was a program reading all that. I recall thinking that it was strange when I heard it the first time but I just figured that maybe whoever was reading it didn't know how to pronounce it and just tried to think of it as an English word.

#12 2008-02-01 04:21:01

Daniel Ryudo
Shihan/Kinko Ryu

Great!  And quite philosophical.

Last edited by Daniel Ryudo (2008-02-01 04:22:25)

Board footer