World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2006-09-18 12:31:19

Mujitsu
Administrator/Flutemaker
Website

USA East Coast Performers

If you are a performer in the USA East Coast please post here.

Please cut and paste the following into your post:
--------------------------------------------

NAME:

TRAVEL RADIUS:

AVAILABLE FOR:

PAY RANGE:

DESCRIPTION, STYLE, OTHER DETAILS:

-------------------------------------------------

#2 2006-09-19 00:20:37

Nyogetsu
Kyu Dan Dai Shihan
Website

Re: USA East Coast Performers

LOCATION: East Coast. My main DOJO is in NYC, but I have branches in Philadelphia, Rochester/Syracuse, and Baltimore/Wash.D.C. I also have 80 students altogether including cassette & "Computer" students in 26 states and 6 foreign countries.

NAME: Ronnie Nyogetsu Reishin Seldin

TRAVEL RADIUS: Anywhere is possible. I have performed professionally in most of the USA, as well as Argentina, Scotland, Canada, Chile, Mexico, and have done annual Concert Tours of Japan since 1980.

AVAILABLE FOR: Any type of Shakuhachi Performance, although I specialize in Solo performances. I can supply more then one Shakuhachi player, as well as Koto and Shamisen players, Taiko Drummers, Kabuki Dancers, etc.

PAY RANGE: Depends upon nature of job.

DESCRIPTION, STYLE, OTHER DETAILS: I hold two DAI SHIHAN MENJO(Grand master's Licenses) , the latest at the rank of Kyu-Dan (9th level) from the Shakuhachi Living National Treasure - Aoki Reibo. My original DAI SHIHAN MENJO was from my teacher Kurahashi Yodo in 1980. I have been Grammy and Oscar nominated. I teach and perofrm 3 styles of Shakuhachi- KINKO, FUKE-MEIAN, and NEZA-SA-HA.

I have been Artist in Residence at two Universities, and have taught and done demonstartions at Elementary , middle schools, and High Schools , as well. I have performed on many movie sound tracks, with Symphonic orchestras, and will perform this November at Lincoln Center in a Japanese OPERA "Kurofune (Black Ships).

My website is <http://www.nyogetsu.com>
Please contact at <nyogetsu@nyogetsu.com>
...or call me at 917-207-6724

Thank you.

Last edited by Nyogetsu (2006-09-19 00:22:25)

The magic's in the music and the music's in me...
"Do you believe in Magic"- The Lovin' Spoonful

#3 2006-09-19 17:22:16

nyokai
shihan
Website

NAME: Phil Nyokai James

TRAVEL RADIUS: wherever

AVAILABLE FOR: concerts, lectures, lecture/demos, events, collaboration with dancers and other performers

PAY RANGE: varies

DESCRIPTION, STYLE, OTHER DETAILS: Traditional honkyoku (Meian and Kinko), sankyoku, modern. Trained in western music, especially classical and jazz, so can improvise in many styles. See http://nyokai.com

#4 2006-11-25 11:13:03

geni
Performer & Teacher
Website

NAME: Geni

TRAVEL RADIUS: everywhere 

AVAILABLE FOR: Recordings , Performances , Lessons

PAY RANGE: affortable

DESCRIPTION, STYLE, OTHER DETAILS: Jazz , Clasical , Ambience. World
I have acces to recording studios , so I am able to do online jobs (recordings).
You send me the tracs , I will recorded and send it to you right away.

#5 2007-05-22 22:09:03

dcammaro

NAME:Dominic Shodo Cammarota

TRAVEL RADIUS: North America

AVAILABLE FOR: All Occasions

PAY RANGE: Varies

DESCRIPTION, STYLE, OTHER DETAILS: I play traditional Tozan style music as a soloist and as part of an ensemble. I also play enka and minyo songs as requested.  I will also be one of the featured performers in the upcoming documentary about New York City Buskers http:// www.subwaybusker.com 

Please see my website for additional information. http://www.tozanfew.com

#6 2008-02-28 20:46:07

Kraig

NAME: Kraig

TRAVEL RADIUS: Anywhere (no car though!)

AVAILABLE FOR:  I am not a very good Shakuhachi player but I do play Drums and Percussion

PAY RANGE: Enough to to make two days worth of soup.

DESCRIPTION, STYLE, OTHER DETAILS: Studied Tabla in India, Drum kit in Boston and New York.  Played in folk, reggae, rock, jazz, wold music groups in the past.  Studied shakuhachi in Ehime, Japan from a local vegtable seller/farmer....is it o.k to post?!

-------------------------------------------------

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his job depends on not understanding it. "  -Upton Sinclair

#7 2008-03-04 09:38:59

Glenn Swann
Website

NAME:Glenn Swann

TRAVEL RADIUS:NJ, PA, NY or i could use a good excuse to go to CA!

AVAILABLE FOR:Performance, workshops, events, ceremonies, recording, etc.

PAY RANGE:Quite flexible.

DESCRIPTION, STYLE, OTHER DETAILS:Kinko school Chikuyusha style, classical sankyoku, honkyoku, also collaboration with other instruments in early 20th century as well as more modern pieces. I have a koto player, pianist, soprano, percussionist, and other shakuhachi players I often work with for ensemble if need be.

Have performed often over the years around Princeton, and also in Manhattan. Some highlights include the Coalition For Peace Action's Nagasaki/Hiroshima Memorial (5 years running);  Yearly Lunar New Year and MidAutumn Festival recitals at Holsome Tea in Princeton; the Rutgers Japanese club's Sakura Matsuri; doing a history/background lecture and performance for High School Japanese classes in Newark; providing music for Shumei New York events; and accompanying the NY Sawai Koto Academy at the Tokyo Fiesta in Grand Central Station.

caine2323@yahoo.com
www.myspace.com/glennswannshakuhachi   (with the caveat that the recordings there are from 4 years ago and i  sound much different now. Have to make some new ones!!)

I followed rivers, I followed orders,I followed prophets, I followed leaders
I followed rivers, I followed highways,I followed conscience,
I followed dreamers... And I'm back here,
and I'm back here... At the edge of the sky       (New Model Army)

Board footer