Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2008-03-18 18:56:23

Jason S.

Hello from Jason

hajimemashite

I have been browsing the forums for a while and decided to join.

I am currently a college student, and I have also been doing Aikido and Kenjutsu for about 3 years now. I also do some Shodo whenever I find the time in my hectic life. I have grown to love Japanese culture and traditions. The reason I chose the Shakuhachi was mainly because I like the sound of it and I had also played Native American flutes before. I have been practicing since Oct but I haven't had a teacher as of yet. I hope that later on I will learn some other Japanese instruments.

I haven't had the pleasure of having a teacher as of yet, mainly due to not having enough time.  I hope that I will get a opportunity to do a study abroad over in Japan and then I will hopefully find a teacher while over there.

doozo yoroshiku

#2 2008-03-18 20:38:19

Jeff Cairns
teacher, performer,promoter of shakuhachi
Website

Re: Hello from Jason

Welcome Jason,
When you decide to make your way across the water, drop me a line.  South-western Japan is a beautiful place, rich in culture, history and natural beauty.  I've found it very easy to make a life here (complete with an excellent Kinko-ryu teacher) and with the right attitude, you will too.
cheers
Jeff

shakuhachi flute
I step out into the wind
with holes in my bones

#3 2008-03-20 20:01:48

Jason S.

Re: Hello from Jason

Hello Jeff,

I will be sure to drop you a line when I do make it over the pond

Board footer