Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2006-03-15 14:58:53

kyoreiflutes
Website

SEATTLE Cherry Blossom Festival Shakuhachi gathering April 22!

Hello all...

This April 21-23 is the big Seattle Center Cherry Blossom (Sakura) Festival, and I'm inviting people from the area to come on down. There are many activities for all, including lots and lots and lots of Taiko drumming.

There will also be an informal Shakuhachi gathering on Saturday the 22nd on the Center grounds, at the Kobe Bell, North of the Big Fountain. There will hopefully be more than a few in attendance, and I'm hoping that some of us will take turns playing for the rest of our group. No pressure if you don't want to play, but I thought it'd be nice if we all shared, even if you don't think you're that great. I'm also hoping that I can get a local Koto/Shakuhachi duo to play, as well.

I'm planning on us all meeting at The Bell at around 11am, checking out a couple of events, getting some lunch at a Sushi place about 2 blocks away, then coming back to sit and play. It should be a good time for all. There won't be any chairs at this event, just grass, cement and wood beams, so if you want to bring a Seiza bench or Zabuton or something, feel free. We don't recommend bringing chairs, but if you must, then please bring a smaller "camp style" folding chair.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here, or email me at my gmail address:  kyoreiflutes@gmail.com

I know most of you aren't near Seattle, but for those of you close enough, I'd love it if you could make it. It's rare that we get to do anything like this in Seattle, and I think it'd be a lot of fun.

Namaste.

-Eddie

"The Universe does not play favorites, and is not fair by its very Nature; Humans, however, are uniquely capable of making the world they live in fair to all."    - D.E. Lloyd

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."    -John Donne

Board footer