Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2008-04-19 08:00:19

Dun Romin

Hello, I'm new here

Hello dear shakuhachipeople,

One day in 2006 I heard such a delicious, beautifull sound, that I got really enchanted. I really wanted to know what I'd heard and after a while foud out the instrument was called shakuhachi. I googled it up, found myself a teacher, who gave me a flute and instructions on how to get a sound. Along with the sound also dizzyness largely presented itself, so I started playing laying on my back. Now, after 1 and a 1/2 year I can play also upright and I never stopped enjoying every minute of producing those lovely sounds. And I'm still learning and improving! Now, maybe the time has come to step outside and meet others. So again I say hello to you all, I hope to learn a lot from all your experiences en knowledge.

Dun Romin

Tomorrow's wind only blows tomorrow. (Koji)

#2 2008-04-19 08:03:44

Jeff Cairns
teacher, performer,promoter of shakuhachi
Website

Re: Hello, I'm new here

Greetings Dun Romin,
So it's touched you too.  We welcome you whole-heartedly.  Please feel free to tap into the knowledge bank that exists here and we welcome your contributions.

shakuhachi flute
I step out into the wind
with holes in my bones

#3 2008-04-19 18:07:51

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Hi Dun Romin,

Welcome to the forum. Where are you located, maybe we can steer you towards a teacher in your area.

BR

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#4 2008-04-22 16:39:17

Dun Romin

Hello Tairaku, I'm located in Holland, and I'm having Kees Kort as my teacher, but thanks for wanting to help my ahead. Grz, Dun Romin

#5 2008-04-22 19:57:22

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Kees is a great guy, you're in good hands. Enjoy your shakuhachi journey. Europe is becoming a good place for bamboo. You might want to join ESS (European Shakuhachi Society) they're a worthwhile organization.

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#6 2008-04-23 06:25:49

Yungflutes
Flutemaker/Performer
Website

Hi Dun, Welcome to the Forum!

Dun Romin wrote:

Hello dear shakuhachipeople,

One day in 2006 I heard such a delicious, beautifull sound, that I got really enchanted. I really wanted to know what I'd heard and after a while foud out the instrument was called shakuhachi. I googled it up, found myself a teacher, who gave me a flute and instructions on how to get a sound. Along with the sound also dizzyness largely presented itself, so I started playing laying on my back.

I played on my back last week. I had been sitting with incense in front of me and decided to lay down for some reason. As I laid there blowing, I had a rock star moment; the smoke from the incense drifted and hovered above me so it felt like I was in a cloud of dry ice. And with the light coming in the window hitting the streaming smoke just right, it crossed my mind that this would make a great Honkyoku video....I want my ZEN TV!

Now, after 1 and a 1/2 year I can play also upright and I never stopped enjoying every minute of producing those lovely sounds. And I'm still learning and improving! Now, maybe the time has come to step outside and meet others. So again I say hello to you all, I hope to learn a lot from all your experiences en knowledge.

Dun Romin

I'm still learning every moment. And I often learn from beginners so I look forward to reading about your discoveries!
Namaste, Perry

"A hot dog is not an animal." - Jet Yung

My Blog/Website on the art of shakuhachi...and parenting.
How to make an Urban Shakuhachi (PVC)

#7 2008-04-30 10:38:50

Dun Romin

I'm still strugling to reply you all decently. But :-) I'm prone not being very compatible with comp-logic. Report and post reply told me there was something wrong with the BBCode? Or was it BBL? Whatever, maybe this way will succeed, so I can thank you all for your kind reactions. Are shakuhachi-people allways so nice to each other? It's very interesting to read those discussion going on. It also tells me there is still a lot I can learn.

Board footer