Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2008-05-21 03:31:14

mopish
Website

Question for yungflutes,

About the fred flute, the one that was still a little on the green side.  Is it looked down on to make a flute in a hurrry like that if so i'll wait!, i have some pics on my myspace of the bamboo i have curing right now, @ Myspace.com/Mopish  its in Waiting for the right time!  Thanks for your time man!

Last edited by mopish (2008-05-21 03:31:47)

#2 2008-05-21 23:02:12

Yungflutes
Flutemaker/Performer
Website

Re: Question for yungflutes,

mopish wrote:

About the fred flute, the one that was still a little on the green side.  Is it looked down on to make a flute in a hurrry like that if so i'll wait!, i have some pics on my myspace of the bamboo i have curing right now, @ Myspace.com/Mopish  its in Waiting for the right time!  Thanks for your time man!

Hi Mopish,

You mean this flute? It's a 3.0:

http://www.yungflutes.com/logphotos/fred30.jpg

It's next to my computer here, no longer green. I love the flute. The bamboo was still green when I made it. It worked fine then and it works fine now.

My desire for making this particular flute from curing bamboo arose from seeing my friend in pain. It was about the importance of the moment and not waiting to do something otherwise you may never get the chance to do it.

Enjoy your precious time.
Best, Perry

"A hot dog is not an animal." - Jet Yung

My Blog/Website on the art of shakuhachi...and parenting.
How to make an Urban Shakuhachi (PVC)

#3 2008-05-31 00:31:36

mopish
Website

Re: Question for yungflutes,

Your right, time is the most precious thing we have! It's wonderful the relationships we build with our flutes isnt it! take care man.  Brandon smile

Board footer