Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2008-06-23 08:17:31

Mike
Website

New performance videos of HONKYOKU pieces

It was a great experience - and a big success!!

But first of all I would like to thank my SHAKUHACHI teacher, Ronnie Nyogetsu Reishin Seldin! I my eyes you are the best teacher in the world, Ronnie Sensei!

The plan was to play at 2, 3 and 4 pm for about 45 minutes. But at 1:30 pm about 100 poeple were already sitting inside the temple. So I startet immediately and continued playing until 5:45 pm almost without taking any breaks.

All in all there were about 500 people that I played for during this afternoon, in this wonderful buddhist temple of the 'EKÔ-house of Japanese Culture' in Duesseldorf, Germany.

Here are six links to videos of this concert:

CHOSHI
BANSHIKI
KUMOIJISHI
SANYA SUGAGAKI
DARANI
HIFUMI HACHIGAESHI

Es war ein tolles Erlebnis - und ein grosser Erfolg !!

Aber erst einmal möchte ich meinem SHAKUHACHI-Lehrer, Ronnie Nyogetsu Reishin Seldin danken! In meinen Augen bist Du der beste Lehrer der Welt, Ronnie Sensei!

Geplant war, dass ich um 14, 15 und 16 Uhr jeweils ungefähr für 45 Minuten spielen sollte. Aber bereits um 13:30 Uhr saßen bereits ca. 100 Leute im Tempel. Also begann ich sofort und spielte bis 17:45 nahezu ohne Pause durch.

Insgesamt waren es ungefähr 500 Besucher, für die ich an diesem Nachmittag in diesem wunderschönen buddhistischen Tempel des "EKÔ-Hauses der Japanischen Kultur " SHAKUHACHI spielte.

Die angegebenen Links führen zu sechs Videos von diesem Konzert.

Thanks for watching / Danke für's ansehen

Mike

I wish I would have found this instrument much earlier in my life. But I didn´t know that I was searching for it all those years.

http://www.myspace.com/mikeshakuhachi

#2 2008-06-23 08:47:17

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Re: New performance videos of HONKYOKU pieces

Well played Mike. You project your sound well and play decisively. Keep up the good work.

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#3 2008-06-23 09:31:20

Mike
Website

Re: New performance videos of HONKYOKU pieces

Thanks a lot, Brian.

I will keep it up, of course! There's still so much to learn.

And there's so much stage fright to overcome, as you can hear (and even see) on the videos.
I'm sure you can imagine how I felt. There was absolutely no time to warm up.
But I (or the adrenaline) managed to keep me concentrated a very long time.

Mike

I wish I would have found this instrument much earlier in my life. But I didn´t know that I was searching for it all those years.

http://www.myspace.com/mikeshakuhachi

Board footer