Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

• Index
  •  » Flutemaking
  •  » making a Watazumido-style flute: what about the Ikegashi?

#1 2006-03-29 03:45:54

kyoreiflutes
Website

making a Watazumido-style flute: what about the Ikegashi?

I'm hoping that a few of you (I'm looking your direction, Kiku) might be able to tell me more about the flutes that Watazumido used. I'm in love with the big flute sound, and I'm going bamboo shopping this weekend, so I thought I'd grab a bigger piece, simillar to what I see Watazumido playing a lot, in addition to some 2.4-8 pieces.

Now, in the photos I've found, you can barely see that there's an Ikegashi on his flutes, but I can't tell how big it is. I assume that it's can't be too big, or else you can't blow, and it can't be too small, right?

So, before I tackle a piece this big, I'd love some advice, or maybe some photos of larger flutes? Kiku, I'd love to see photos of your flute collection someday. I love the photo of you on the stage with that big shakuhachi...it looks like it produces a great sound.

Thanks in advance!

-Eddie
Kyorei Flutes

"The Universe does not play favorites, and is not fair by its very Nature; Humans, however, are uniquely capable of making the world they live in fair to all."    - D.E. Lloyd

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."    -John Donne

• Index
  •  » Flutemaking
  •  » making a Watazumido-style flute: what about the Ikegashi?

Board footer