Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2008-06-30 02:50:04

Takei

Greetings everyone!

Hi......I'm a new member to the forum and am so glad to have found this site; and what a great site it is!

I have listened to and loved the music of the shakuhachi since the early seventies.  Recently my wife brought me a relatively inexpensive instrument back from Japan.  It took me ages to be able to produce any sort of sound, but finally, after many dizzy attempts I managed.  I am still persevering, some days are better than others.

I am now 60 and retired so have time to persue one of my dreams.  It may take me the rest of my life to be able to string a few notes together, but boy, I will enjoy the experience and accept the many frustrations.

'Glad to say that a few months ago I discovered that the World Shakuhachi Festival is being held in July in Sydney (practically my home town) and 'The summer camp of the Rockies' is also being held just prior to the festival.  Absolute beginners welcome.......I'm right there!

I look forward to following the forum with interest and hopefully one day I'll feel experienced enough to participate in some of the discussions.

Cheers for now...................../Patrick

........ Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent - Victor Hugo

#2 2008-06-30 05:30:35

Daniel Ryudo
Shihan/Kinko Ryu

Re: Greetings everyone!

Welcome to the forum, Patrick; good luck with your practice and enjoy the festival.

Board footer