You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#26 2008-07-17 17:40:28

Priapus Le Zen M☮nk
Historical Zen Mod
Website

Re: Gishin, help me understand!

fouw wrote:

everybody and their uncle called Rinpochee....etc.....

Please Gishin can you advise me;
should I seek a modest purification ceremony for my sudden but short-lived anger, or would you say this won't really totally annul the meager 'merit' I had chalked up this far?

Hell!

We cannot be calm al the time. That being said I understand where you are coming from. The anger you got when looking at those damm magazines with freaking Pema Chodron's pictures all over the place and all kinds of adds get to me as well. I never got into Buddhism because I was seeking for IT. It is something that happened while being around Japanese martial arts and Shakuhachi thats all.

Now my own remedy for those times when I want to just beat the crap out of anybody that falls in this category of--> lets save all animals and hug trees, ex hippy, new age, Yoga and Taichi fashion idiot. I go do a Taki Shugyo (waterfall training) and shout my heart while reciting Fudo Myoo short sutra out in fundoshi until the rage gets out of me OR have a beer.

Find some positive physical activity and get that rage out this is my best suggestion. You can  also choose to blow your flute like a madman until you pass out this can be another way.

Sebastien 義真 Cyr
春風館道場 Shunpukan Dojo
St-Jerome, Quebec, Canada
http://www.myspace.com/shunpukandojo

#27 2008-07-17 21:12:20

radi0gnome
Website

fouw wrote:

That's some interesting views above!

It is good to see somebody gets distraught and downright angry when reading a Ken Wilber book.

Who got distraught and angry reading a Ken Wilber book? I see that some of the amazon.com reviewers had problems, but nobody here. It's true, they made a business out of spirituality. It has nothing to do with Buddhism, but in my personal belief system it's human nature for people to make a business out of everything. Since we're all spiritual beings I have to say it follows that it's a spiritual trait.

"Now birds record new harmonie, And trees do whistle melodies;
Now everything that nature breeds, Doth clad itself in pleasant weeds."
~ Thomas Watson - England's Helicon ca 1580

#28 2008-07-17 23:27:23

Seth

radi0gnome wrote:

fouw wrote:

That's some interesting views above!

It is good to see somebody gets distraught and downright angry when reading a Ken Wilber book.

Who got distraught and angry reading a Ken Wilber book? I see that some of the amazon.com reviewers had problems, but nobody here. It's true, they made a business out of spirituality. It has nothing to do with Buddhism, but in my personal belief system it's human nature for people to make a business out of everything. Since we're all spiritual beings I have to say it follows that it's a spiritual trait.

I'm sorry to admit that I am not a Ken Wilber fan.   (I think Fouw is refering to something I wrote about him earlier in the thread.)

#29 2008-07-18 09:15:22

Seth

fouw wrote:

Seth, your avatar, are you chopping a coconut inside the house there... is that a machete or a club? And is it a coconut?

The picture was taken when I was living in Chennai, India.  I am wearing a dhoti - something South Indian men wear around the house.  Basically its a skirt.   It looks goofy but when it is that hot and humid out a light cotton skirt is really quite wonderful.

In New York when I grew up we had a milk man who would deliver fresh milk a few days a week.  In Chennai they have the coconut man who delivers fresh coconuts every morning.   And yes, I am hacking open a coconut with a machete on a Sunday morning to serve my wife some fresh coconut milk.

#30 2008-07-18 10:24:40

Zakarius

How are the coconuts in India? The big green ones here in Taiwan are nearly flavorless but the little brown imported ones from Thailand are phenomenal. If overdosing on coconuts was a possibility, I'd be dead already.

Zak -- jinashi size queen

塵も積もれば山となる -- "Chiri mo tsumoreba yama to naru." -- Piled-up specks of dust become a mountain.

#31 2008-07-19 11:02:40

Seth

In Chennai there are two types of coconuts.   The standard ones are okay - but then there are King Coconuts (more orange than brown in color) and they are awesome.   

All over Chennai there are piles of coconuts with some person selling them for about ten cents a pop.  The coconut hawker hacks them open with a machete, and hands them over.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/8743/img1057pg0.jpg

Last edited by Seth (2008-07-19 11:11:47)

#32 2008-07-19 18:53:34

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Seth wrote:

All over Chennai there are piles of coconuts with some person selling them for about ten cents a pop.  The coconut hawker hacks them open with a machete, and hands them over.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/8743/img1057pg0.jpg

This is the same lifestyle we have when we're in Sri Lanka. The entire society revolves around coconuts.

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

Board footer