Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2008-08-07 08:49:34

Kerry

Combat Arms Google Ad

Couldn't help noticing the flashing, vibrating Combat Arms Frag for Kills, for Honor, For Free, advertisement. U.S. military recruitment forces have found their way to the forum. I doubt it's a game about the real meaning of the term, where the commanding officer gets 'whacked' by his own unit. Fragging comes from fragmentation grenade. Funny how terms get turned around over the years! I'm surprised the word 'kills' is actually in the ad.

The temple bell stops, but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers. -Basho

#2 2008-08-07 09:30:43

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Re: Combat Arms Google Ad

The google ads reflect whatever is being posted here. For example there was once a post which mentioned "dog urine" and the google ads were for products that reduce the effects of animal urine in the house. It is random.

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#3 2008-08-07 10:37:26

Mujitsu
Administrator/Flutemaker
Website

Yes, one compromise with Google Adsense is there may be occasional ads which are odd, out of place or objectionable to some. The positive side is that it is an easy system to set up and it does help offset some of the cost of running the forum.

Many thanks for your patience with this! It is appreciated!

Ken

#4 2008-08-07 10:52:43

Kerry

Tairaku wrote:

The google ads reflect whatever is being posted here. For example there was once a post which mentioned "dog urine" and the google ads were for products that reduce the effects of animal urine in the house. It is random.

No offense meant or taken concerning the forum. Thinking about it now, I probably started a spider crawl with the word 'samurai'. My apologies. -kerry

The temple bell stops, but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers. -Basho

#5 2008-08-07 11:01:16

Mujitsu
Administrator/Flutemaker
Website

Kerry wrote:

No offense meant or taken concerning the forum. Thinking about it now, I probably started a spider crawl with the word 'samurai'. My apologies. -kerry

No worries Kerry.

I always wanted to see an ad in the forum like, "An Atlas body in seven days!" Maybe we'll see one soon!

KL

Board footer