#76 2008-08-19 10:08:20

Kerry

Re: Honkyoku and Enlightenment

Gishin wrote:

edosan wrote:

Ah, most interesting, Grasshopper!

Now we have Gishin apologists...

Where did you see an apology?

Ha ok I get it. PPl doing apologies for me? Wel I dont thikn they were doing that . Just trying to put details on what I was trying to do since most did not see exactly what I was geting at.

Just when you think everyone has kissed and made up!
Gishin, I saw what you were trying to do but your 'fisting' remark was blatantly homophobic. 'Serving up some Zen', by impugning people who are inordinately subject to violent attack and discrimination is a bit much. I've found that victims and perpetrators of violence ultimately have very little to say. 2 cents -kerry
Here's some good 'armchair' reading www.westernbuddhistreview.com/vol3/homosexuality.html

The temple bell stops, but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers. -Basho

#77 2008-08-19 10:13:05

Lorka

I aint Gishin's apologist, I'm just afraid he might slap me, hit me with a stick, or throw something at me during a shakuhachi lesson when I'm squeaking like a drunken mouse rather than roaring like a lion as I should be.

Gravity is the root of grace

~ Lao Tzu~

#78 2008-08-19 10:25:37

Priapus Le Zen M☮nk
Historical Zen Mod
Website

Kerry wrote:

Gishin wrote:

edosan wrote:

Ah, most interesting, Grasshopper!

Now we have Gishin apologists...

Where did you see an apology?

Ha ok I get it. PPl doing apologies for me? Wel I dont thikn they were doing that . Just trying to put details on what I was trying to do since most did not see exactly what I was geting at.

Just when you think everyone has kissed and made up!
Gishin, I saw what you were trying to do but your 'fisting' remark was blatantly homophobic. 'Serving up some Zen', by impugning people who are inordinately subject to violent attack and discrimination is a bit much. I've found that victims and perpetrators of violence ultimately have very little to say. 2 cents -kerry
Here's some good 'armchair' reading www.westernbuddhistreview.com/vol3/homosexuality.html

Now this is your view of the thing!

Sorry all but I have nothing against gays or lesbians. Fisting has nothing to do with homosexuality only just go visit your local adult store and find out for yourself . This is YOU trying to see any special offense and taking my intial rant to another level. Shows again how easy it is to blow anything out of proportion adn agitate one another.

One more like this and I close the thread.

Sebastien 義真 Cyr
春風館道場 Shunpukan Dojo
St-Jerome, Quebec, Canada
http://www.myspace.com/shunpukandojo

#79 2008-08-19 10:45:00

nyokai
shihan
Website

Gishin wrote:

Shakuhachi and Enlightenment why not fisting and Enlightenment?

Kerry wrote:

Gishin, I saw what you were trying to do but your 'fisting' remark was blatantly homophobic.

Gishin's statement does not seem homophobic to me -- I think he was saying "Hm, shakuhachi and enlightenment is an arbitrary pairing -- we could put just about ANY activity and enlightenment together." He just happened to have fisting on his mind at the time. Unless I missed some other reference?

I have never thought of fisting as exclusively homosexual, but perhaps I've led an unsheltered life.

#80 2008-08-19 11:18:26

edosan
Edomologist

nyokai wrote:

...perhaps I've led an unsheltered life.

lol

Zen is not easy.
It takes effort to attain nothingness.
And then what do you have?
Bupkes.

#81 2008-08-19 11:20:47

edosan
Edomologist

Gishin wrote:

One more like this and I close the thread.

So close it big fella.

This thread is better off dead, and smells like it (but bringing especial note to the serene and wise comments of Nyokai).

Zen is not easy.
It takes effort to attain nothingness.
And then what do you have?
Bupkes.

#82 2008-08-19 11:54:42

kanshiketsu

Ted wrote:

Gishin, I grew up a white boy in Harlem. I was in more life or death altercations by the age of 7 then you will experience in your whole life.

Oh! grow up!

Ted wrote:

It takes more then a refference to manual anal penatration to shake me up.

So I ask the same question as Gishin: Why do you seem to be so shakin'?

Ted wrote:

Your penchant for talking down to others as if any other oppinion were a joke and treating a note of protest with mockery are symptomatic of a bully. I should know, I used to be one.

Well, you still are a bully. Want to know why? Wait! I'll get back to that in a few seconds, keep reading.

Ted wrote:

I almost died doing a free ice climb 14,00 ft. in the Tetons. At an insanely risky point in the climb I realised
every selfish action I ever performed would create suffering at my death. Working at the Dept. of Human Services here in Portland, Or. as well as caring for my 2 disabled children I do my best to actualise that ideal.
Three years ago my son spent a year in the Hospital. He barely made it, but I met alot of kids who did'nt, or who were left vegatative, blind , crippled... There is so much need out there, to just live for yourself is criminal.

Now, here is why you are still a bully. You seem to like talking about how there is so much need out there and how everybody just lives for themselves, and you Mr. Compassionate one wants to 'help'! Yaaa... Usually the people who talk too much about this are the fake ass lazy ones! You almost died!? Aahh poor you! You have full of problems!? Aahhh poor you! Guess what, everyone has problems, be it rich and healthy, poor and ragged! This is why I say you are still a bully, a bully of the world! You distinguish yourself from everybody else. You distinguish the poor from the rich, the sad looking from the happy looking. And, you want a helping hand from an Internet forum? Then, you come here looking for some flowering, enlightening philosophical theories on how to attain enlightenment from a piece of bamboo, and then get insulted by some monk fool(no disrespect wink ) and get all defensive? Find a teacher, take care of your kids and work hard at what you are doing and forget about all the 'BuddhaAAAA' enlightenment crapola! Stop bragging! Get to work!

Here is a short quote from something that Takahashi Deishu(Brother in law to Yamaoka Tesshu, Samurai in the bakumatsu era. If you don't know who Yamaoka Tesshu is, please look him up) said:

"If a fellow such as I wanted to attain enlightenment, this is what he would do: First, he would grab Emma, the king of Hell, by the seat of his pants and fling him to the ground; then he would whip Emma' s minions into submission; after conquering all regions of the netherworld, he would head directly for the pure land , scattering the Arhats and Bodhisattvas until he met up with Buddha himself; without hesitation, he would force Shakyamuni off the Lotus Throne and install himself there as the only honored one in heaven and earth!"

Oh, as for the fisting thing. If it is possible to attain enlightenment by blowing a flute or in fact blowing just about anything  , then it is surely possible to attain it by fisting. tongue

Last edited by kanshiketsu (2008-08-19 11:55:35)

Tom Karazozis

#83 2008-08-19 13:27:21

fouw

Can somebody please enlighten me: what the donut is this discussion about anymore?

#84 2008-08-19 13:39:29

Priapus Le Zen M☮nk
Historical Zen Mod
Website

fouw wrote:

Can somebody please enlighten me: what the donut is this discussion about anymore?

It seems that nobody knows anymore!

So I will just take this one out of its own misery!

Thread closed!

Sebastien 義真 Cyr
春風館道場 Shunpukan Dojo
St-Jerome, Quebec, Canada
http://www.myspace.com/shunpukandojo

#85 2008-08-19 16:54:38

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

This is really funny. I had a DREAM I would have to close this thread. If I'm dreaming about this (*&^(*&^ forum I must be on it too much. Then all these funny posts happened and it got closed, perhaps for different reasons than those which would have compelled me to close it. Oh well, everybody calm down.

In the future let's avoid ad hominem attacks. OK?

And let me remind long time forum members and advise newbies, we have two Zen forums, moderated and un-moderated. Post in the unmoderated one if you don't want it scrutinized by Gishin and Horst.

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

Board footer