Administrator/Performer
Website

Re: Energy, Fatigue and Etcetera

Hey Vevolis,

Looks like I owe you an apology about your fear of biking in Toronto! From BBC:

"Prolific bicycle thief arrested
Bicycles in Oxford
Mr Kenk was caught after police planted bikes in the city

Canadian police have arrested one of the world's most prolific bicycle thieves after discovering almost 3,000 bikes in his possession.

Igor Kenk, the owner of a bicycle store in Toronto, was held last month after they noticed that reports of bicycle thefts had spiked sharply.

After planting several bikes around the city, plain clothes officers waited to see who would steal them.

Mr Kenk was seen telling a companion to break the bike locks before riding off.

Local and international media reported that in the weeks following his arrest, police found about 2,865 bikes in his used-bicycle store, the Bicycle Clinic.

They also found stolen cycles in his home and in several garages which he had rented.

About 15,000 cyclists have reportedly visited a former police garage, which has been crammed with the seized bicycles, in the hope of being reunited with their lost property.

"It was staggering," Ruth White, the superintendent of 14 Division, the unit that caught Mr Kenk, was quoted as saying. "I've never seen anything like it in 30 years."

More than 400 bikes have been claimed so far.

Ms White said that "tons and tons of beautiful bikes" which are unclaimed may have to be auctioned off after the case is closed.

"The rat pack collection of bicycles arguably makes Kenk the unofficial world champion of bicycle thieves," said the International Herald Tribune.

Mr Kenk is currently out on bail awaiting trial in September where he faces 58 charges including theft and possession of burglary tools."

Anyway, you it looks like you are now cleared to ride in Toronto.

It only proves how incompetent your cops are about bikes! Ridiculous.

Regards.

BR

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#52 2008-08-26 09:50:50

Vevolis
Website

I think Toronto police tend to give people the benefit of the doubt in situations like that. You could probably take some bolt cutters to a lock and if you (calmly) explain that you've forgotten the combination or the lock is damaged or etc. and as long as you run off, they'd trust you. They'd really have to be watching (as they ended up doing) to see the bigger picture.

Actually, someone walked into my shed up at my mothers house and stole two bikes two weeks ago. Jokes on them. They were @#$!.

#53 2008-08-27 17:22:42

Lance

I can sleep at the drop of a hat...  it sucks when I'm out around lots of people in hats, since invariably one of them will drop one...

But seriously, I find Cheetos might help, or Dr. Pepper, and making sure you don't exercise toooo much, perferably NOT walking to the store to get the Cheetos. Being 20 lbs. overweight might help... anyway, that's my two cents. I'm getting a bit drowzey....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited by Lance (2008-08-27 17:24:32)

“The firefly is a good lesson in light, and darkness”

#54 2008-09-07 06:28:34

Jason Castner

I say ride a bike.... awesome pic tairaku!  Howd u get a road bike there and back without beating it up?   I ride a awesome mountain bike all over the place.  keeps my heart/lungs healthy and saves loot on gas. 

I would say you are making excuses for yourself.  Thats not bad, everyone makes excuses for themselves.  But sometimes discipline is needed to get over the hump.  Ever been in the military?  Too bad you couldnt just do bootcamp for a couple months and then you would appreciate your life as a civilian with all the choices you unknowingly or knowingly make each day that amount to who you are in the present.  Who you are going to be in the future and the life you will have depends on what you are doing in the present.  My advice .. be disciplined on yourself and force yourself to life differently for instance when the alarm clock goes off jump up fast like your scared of somthing and immediately do somthing productive ...ie take shower or eat food.  After a few weeks you wont even need that alarm clock to wake you up.  set your rhythm differently if your unhappy with how you are now. 

I imagine branches on a tree not liking the initial split as they fractal apart, then after a while they probabaly reach for the sky again as if there was no split at all...until they fractal apart again and repeat the proccess.  right now your life is in one of those fractal modes where change is happening and you are feeling weird.  but soon with the right discipline and focus you will be reaching for the sky again lil branch.

from one branch to another...peace

north south east and rest of my life...I'm single but the Tao is my wife?

Board footer