Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2009-06-21 01:26:21

Jason Castner

AKA Komuso and STUPID HIPPY's Far Out Adventure

I would go (to the Rockies Camp), but I am buying an enduro bike with money I dont have.  lets have a shaku camp in upstate ny and I will sneak in without buying a wrist braclet.  ninja komuso

north south east and rest of my life...I'm single but the Tao is my wife?

#2 2009-06-21 01:46:34

STUPID HIPPY

Re: AKA Komuso and STUPID HIPPY's Far Out Adventure

Jason Castner aka Komuso wrote:

I would go, but I am buying an enduro bike with money I dont have.  lets have a shaku camp in upstate ny and I will sneak in without buying a wrist braclet.  ninja komuso

Man if you are a komuso, you don't need a camp man, you could run your own camp and teach everybody else. It takes a village to learn shakuhachi, man.

Last edited by STUPID HIPPY (2009-06-21 01:48:26)

Zen and Bamboo are one. Or is it two? Far out.

#3 2009-06-22 02:53:35

Jason Castner

No way Maaaan.?  U mean if I build it they will come?  No way far out mang, maybe they will build it and we will wander into it

1st marketing technique...

keuka lake NY is beautiful and If u want to come to a kick ass shakuhachi camp over night, there will be fresh organic blueberries to pick and eat as many as u can whenever u arent being blown away by the view, chatting, or playing shakuhachi 4 the godz and mortals alike 2 enjoy.

Seriously, no format, no schedule, just show up and camp out for free and leave when u want but after day 2 im kicking u off the farm and sending u back home or u can start paying full price and its worth alot, more than u can afford.

#4 2009-06-22 02:56:17

Jason Castner

thanks 4 the motivation to dig through my box of pictures to find my komuso photos.  Chikutei sensei has to be one of the most kick ass shakuhachi teachers on the planet for letting me where his expensive and performed in many times on stage komuso costume.... that is an awesome feeling

#5 2009-06-22 03:16:04

STUPID HIPPY

but after day 2 im kicking u off the farm.

Bummer. Man that wouldn't be far out. It would be farm out man.

Zen and Bamboo are one. Or is it two? Far out.

#6 2009-06-22 03:33:20

Jason Castner

did u say farm house...

I guess the dates set then, by executive decision the dates for the farm out shakuhachi camp will be july 18 and july 19 saturday and sunday.   Of course Im not expecting many people even though it is free, so I will only have one case of wine laying around. 

Next marketing technique... pictures of where the camp will be held.  I must warn u, dont come if u cant bear the sight of a 65 foot waterfall with clean water and the cleanest lake in the fingerlakes nearby for cooling off and BBQing.

Ps  no animals on the farm, so no poo.  only blueberries and grapes which smell yummy and taste heavenly.  RSVP  315 719 5969 verizon....

#7 2009-06-22 03:35:47

Jason Castner

one more thing, good wholesome family environment only.  leave the shiz behind

#8 2009-06-22 04:23:22

Jason Castner

cirriculum....

begginers mind, especially for advanced players...be really cool if Perry Yung would be kind enough to make an appearance....  intense choshii in depth study if that happens in exchange for a case of anthony roads wine.

current attendance list...

1. Josh Heckathorne - college student, talented musician, music theory major.  Shakuhachi playing 5 years
2. Wally Babcock -   Finger Lakes Community College "reference librarian"  Shakuhachi playing 3 years
3. James Marshall -  Carpenter/builds houses - shakuhachi playing 6 years
4. My Self ;-)  - Night security @ Esperanza Mansion www.esperanzamansion.com and Suny Binghamton anthropology student  Shakuhachi playing 8 years.

not a bad attendance list seeing I posted this 2 hours ago...  any one else??  Its freeeee and on the weekend!!! Come on out of the woodwork people.

Hey Tairaku how do I post photos on here fast and easy?  I remember just changing my image on here was a pain in the badusky

#9 2009-06-22 04:26:02

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Hey Tairaku how do I post photos on here fast and easy?  I remember just changing my image on here was a pain in the badusky

The way to post photos is to open a photobucket (or any other free pic host) account and then link from there.

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#10 2009-06-22 05:10:38

Jason Castner

#11 2009-06-22 05:12:42

Jason Castner

1/4 mile down route 54 is the only place on keuka lake - a deli and mini market.  2 miles the opposite direction (south) is the switzerland inn...a good restaurant and bar on the lake..get switzed!

#12 2009-06-22 05:14:20

Jason Castner

tairaku will you change my photo back pretty please master......yes master...and u should fly in for this

#13 2009-06-22 05:21:28

Jason Castner

tairaku will you change my photo back pretty please master......yes master...and u should fly in for this

id even have a bottle of distilled london dried gin...bombay sapphire to be exact - just 4 you  ;-)

#14 2009-06-26 06:45:27

Jason Castner

ok, its canceled if nobody wants to show up...  guess I will be at grass roots festival of music and dance instead that weekend

#15 2009-06-26 08:56:46

Daniel Ryudo
Shihan/Kinko Ryu

Lake Keuka? I was born there, in the village of Penn Yan.  I guess the town still exists; it's a beautiful lake.  We went back for a visit and stayed in a house on the lake back in the mid-70s.  I think it would be a great place for a shakuhachi festival.  Unfortunately I don't have the funds to make a trip back this summer...

#16 2009-06-26 14:40:48

radi0gnome
Website

ok, its canceled if nobody wants to show up...  guess I will be at grass roots festival of music and dance instead that weekend

Well, I never caught the date that you were planning to have this. I'm not that much into camping anyway so I might not have given it much consideration. But... Since it looks like you'll be at the Grassroots festival, and I just checked my schedule and the dates of Grassroots and I have that weekend off of work (I work lots of weekends), there's a good chance I'll be going to Grassroots. If I do I'll make an effort to meet up with you.

"Now birds record new harmonie, And trees do whistle melodies;
Now everything that nature breeds, Doth clad itself in pleasant weeds."
~ Thomas Watson - England's Helicon ca 1580

#17 2009-06-27 03:07:04

Jason Castner

really Daniel, I was born in Geneva but went to Penn Yan school district.  The town still exists and is a very nice small town in the middle of wine country. 

radiognome, I have enjoyed reading your postings and listening to your opinions.  I will be camping in my Teepee in the offsite campgrounds with my djembe and some flutes!  So look for the 15 foot tall 30' by 30' teepee that is grey tent material or listen for the cry of the shakuhachi from time to time 2 find me.  I hope to meet you there  ;-)

I will be willing to host a shakuhachi gathering in august if any one is interested.  I dont want to make any money and it will be free.  I just want to be around people who enjoy the shakuhachi as much as I do without spending money to do so.  So I will host and some grapes will be ripe for the picking in the end of aug though the blueberries will be gone by then... 

Actually anytime anyone is in the fingerlakes area and would like to be shown around the area from waterfalls to wine tastings please do let me know...for my time as your tour guide I only ask for time to play the shakuhachi  ;-)  thats not to expensive is it?

Grassroots is awesome... buy your ticket now and its 95 dollars for 4 days and nights of the best music in NY State

#18 2009-06-27 03:18:24

Jason Castner

So I pulled my Komuso Pic out of my filing cabinet after searching through a big box of pics and it wasnt there.  Standing right outside my sensei's house in his cloths that were tight when I weighed 150 pounds...lol

#19 2009-06-27 03:57:48

Horst Xenmeister
Shiham
Website

I will coming.

i am horst

#20 2009-06-27 05:30:53

Jason Castner

Horst Xenmeister wrote:

I will coming.

to grass roots or to my gathering of the shakuhachi in August?  I would like to see you at either.  Germany is far...  I will be a good friend/host if you travel from that far.

Board footer