Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2009-08-14 09:32:54

lowonthetotem
Website

Have a nice Obon and let's offer up some appreciation

I think the 15th of this month is the Obon holiday for honoring ancestors.  I suppose that in Japan one would usually honor one's family members.  My Zen teacher often encourages us to take time to recognize both our familial relations as well as our more extended family and ancestors, like the Buddha, the Patriarchs, and teachers.  This might be a good time to express a little heart felt appreciation for our teachers here on the forum, if we have them, so ...

Thanks Chikuzen.  2009 has really been a great year, so far, for me and studying Shakuhachi has been a big part of it.  Your help and instruction in that area has really helped me progress with the shakuhachi.  The enjoyment that I get from playing has been greatly enhanced as my ability has improved, and that isn't anything I could ever put a price on.  Thanks again.

Thanks to Taniguchi San and Yokoyama San, although I've never had the pleasure, for giving instruction to Chikuzen and speaking to his "antena."  And, thanks to their teachers in turn.

I know there are some other Buddhists on the forum.  I'd invite you to offer whatever thanks you can muster.  Offering gratitude is good for everyone, including non-Buddhists.  I know we pay our teachers in most cases, but really, isn't that the least we can do, the very least?

"Turn like a wheel inside a wheel."

Board footer