Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2009-09-21 17:15:36

twohats

Greetings from; Gary Yugetsu Sharp

Hello; I live in the Bronx near manhatten.I ve been playing about 16 years .The traditional music has been my sole focus as a player and teacher.My wife Allyson Nyosen also teaches,with a speciality in Sankyoku. We have opened "Moon on Water" Shakuhachi Dojo NYC.Our goal is to provide in depth training in Japanese Traditional musics.We are also trying to open dojo branches in Ft. Pierce Florida and Smoky Mts /Ashville NC area .Another goal we have is to develope the ceremonial and meditative uses of the Shakuhachi.I would enjoy interacting with Buddhists and other like minded people on how to use Shakuhachi as a tool to enhance meditation,or having Shakuhachi in various ceremonies.I have played for a Sanga in NJ ,they said it added a different focusing element to ZaZen.They really enjoyed it and we are starting to work together regularly.I have been "Sitting" for years and have used Shakuhachi  in that practise as well as in the "Sweat Lodge" I had when I lived out in the country. Peace; Gary and Allyson

#2 2009-09-21 19:06:55

Yungflutes
Flutemaker/Performer
Website

Re: Greetings from; Gary Yugetsu Sharp

Hello Gary And Allyson!

Good to see you here!

"A hot dog is not an animal." - Jet Yung

My Blog/Website on the art of shakuhachi...and parenting.
How to make an Urban Shakuhachi (PVC)

Board footer