World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2009-12-27 04:22:09

Kiku Day
Shakuhachi player, teacher and ethnomusicologist
Website

Dream

I had this dream last night that I thought I'd like to share with you here on the forum because it was shakuhachi related.

It must have started with the whole story of recording Okuda being on my mind because we were setting up for a DVD recording session. I sat in the Zensabō room opposite of Okuda as usual. I was to play the role of a student learning a piece and ask questions to which Okuda was to explain.
Okuda chose to play the piece for me first. I listened intensively to the piece and I was drawn more and more into the sound. It felt like a physical draw towards the sound as well as I was totally encased in the sound.
Then it changed and I was only listening and drawn to Okuda's breathing. My own breathing adjusted to his and our breaths became one for a little while.
Then I felt an expansion and the breaths were no longer mine and Okuda's. It was the breathing of the whole universe - all living beings past, present and future - and all beings past, present and future were one....

Ahhhh... the shakuhachi. Make you dream far out... smile

I am a hole in a flute
that the Christ's breath moves through
listen to this music
Hafiz

#2 2009-12-27 05:59:49

Christopher B.
Website

Re: Dream

Sounds like a wonderful dream Kiku. As I understand dreams are more true and there is not so much "mind" in our dreams. Thanks for sharind such a intim thing here on the forum.

"Dreams are your unlived live" ~ Osho

Ps.: Let me add a nice link about dreams:

http://osho-zero-mind.blogspot.com/2008 … ra_28.html

Last edited by Christopher B. (2009-12-28 07:41:36)

In reality it is Ha,Ro,Ha,Ro... ~Sensei~
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
How do you know that life is a dream? Cause there is a way to wake up!
http://naturalbreath.wordpress.com/

#3 2009-12-27 06:02:02

purehappiness

Re: Dream

I believe that is the dream we are all searching for. smile Or, at least, I am.

I was thinking yesterday, about future honkyoku I would like to learn when I realized that all I really need is one to find my true inner self and connection to the universe.

I was not conscious whether I was riding on the wind or the wind was riding on me.

Lieh-tzu

Board footer