Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2010-04-07 16:33:38

Moran from Planet X
Website

Are you paying the PayPal Tax™ ?

Recently ran in the situation on PayPal that if you sell an item on eBay, even as is, PayPal may hold payment to you up to 21 days for no reason at all.

You can have a perfect track record and good activity record, but they can keep your money for 3 weeks on a whim.

It is designed (if you want to call it that) to protect against the seller committing fraud upon the customer. A good intention, but a move that punishes the hundreds of thousands of sellers with 100% ratings.

On top of it, PayPal get's to make interest on your held funds, hence the new term (which I think I may have coined): The PayPal Tax™

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I am all out of bubblegum." —Rowdy Piper, They Live!

#2 2010-04-07 16:41:30

madoherty

Re: Are you paying the PayPal Tax™ ?

I ran into this recently.  They "released" the funds once the buyer gave positive feedback.

#3 2010-04-07 16:50:36

airin
Website

Yeah, things are a'changing....from a buyer's point of view I was penalized recently too. In spite of having a flawless rating with ebay and having ample funds in my paypal account, ebay held back my paypal payment on an item for over 6 days causing me to miss a timeline I had set because the seller would not ship the item until my payment came in. 

This is a new process on ebay's part and I am confused and unhappy about it.

In all my previous transactions on ebay, I have paid for purchased or won items immediately via Paypal and often the seller shipped the item to me that same day.  Smooth and efficient.  Now what am I going to expect?  Why the change?

I'd say if it ain't broken why are they trying to fix it?!

#4 2010-04-08 10:01:31

lowonthetotem
Website

Pay Pal tax? I suppose.

Income Tax?  Shhhhhh ...

"Turn like a wheel inside a wheel."

Board footer