Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2010-05-07 15:23:37

oceanica

Michael Chikuzen Gould workshop in Omaha, NE

Hello all:  I think plans are far enough along that I can make this announcement.  We are planning a one day workshop with Dai Shihan shakuhachi teacher Michael Chikuzen Gould in Omaha, NE.  Cost will be $150 per person, and the workshop will take place either the third or fourth weekend in July, there will also be a concert open to the public.  Please contact me if you are interested or have any questions.  I will post a definite date as soon as we have it.  This will be a great opportunity for those in the Omaha, Kansas City, Des Moines, and even St. Louis, or Minneapolis / St. Paul areas.

#2 2010-05-08 17:11:53

oceanica

Re: Michael Chikuzen Gould workshop in Omaha, NE

Hi again;  A couple of corrections and additions...
This will be a TWO DAY workshop and if we can get a couple more signed up we can drop the price to $125.  The concert will be $10 in advance and $13 at the door and will be at the Om center in Omaha,  Ne on Saturday evening.

#3 2010-05-08 22:00:14

edosan
Edomologist

Have you decided on which Saturday evening?

Zen is not easy.
It takes effort to attain nothingness.
And then what do you have?
Bupkes.

#4 2010-05-09 10:07:31

Colyn Petersen
Website

The concert could possibly be Sunday evening. We are waiting for the dates to firm with the Om Center. Workshops are tentatively Saturday and Sunday 1-5 at Cornell's Kung Fu Academy.

Though images may appear on the surface of a mirror with clarity, they are neither in the mirror, nor sticking to its surface.

Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche

#5 2010-05-11 14:22:57

Colyn Petersen
Website

Looks like the concert and workshops have been moved to August. The Concert being Friday night the 20th, I think 7PM. Workshops Saturday & Sunday 1-5. It seems pretty firm, but I'll post if there are any further changes.

Though images may appear on the surface of a mirror with clarity, they are neither in the mirror, nor sticking to its surface.

Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche

#6 2010-05-11 14:43:39

madoherty

Sounds good Colyn.  Thanks.

#7 2010-08-25 14:31:55

madoherty

Great concert and workshop by Gould sensei this past weekend in Omaha.  Who'd thought that so many shakuhachi enthusiasts lived in Omaha!  For me, the humidity and heat was a killer, but I was assured that it was much worse the week previous, so I will count myself lucky.  Great to meet other students of Chikuzen, share meals and stories with them.  I hope that the group continues to grow there in Omaha.

-Michael

Board footer