World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2010-05-10 14:10:09

Kiku Day
Shakuhachi player, teacher and ethnomusicologist
Website

Shakuhachi events in Europe!

Now and then I feel like telling the world about the shakuhachi events happening in Europe!
It's fantastic how much shakuhachi playing/teaching/learning/enjoying is going on here... and now that we are certainly getting better at communicating together we can therefore also share more and learn from each other.

So far for this summer we have 3 wonderful events:

• First of all the Prague Shakuhachi Festival, which is also the ESS (European Shakuhachi Society) annual event. You know all about it from the sticky posted on this forum by Marek, the main organiser. See: www.komuso.cz/en/festival
This is going to be the shakuhachi event of this year in Europe with many teachers from Japan and Europe.

Smaller workshops happening:

• The 5th Helsinki shakuhachi workshop with Gunnar Jinmei Linder 11-13 June in Helsinki, Finland. It is Andreas Gutzwiller and his students teaching.
• Kinko ryū shakuhachi workshop 2-4 July in Basel, Switzerland. This is organised by the Swiss Shakuhachi Society.

It's sunny outside and there are lots of great shakuhachi event to look forward to! See you at some of these events hopefully! Yay! smile

I am a hole in a flute
that the Christ's breath moves through
listen to this music
Hafiz

#2 2010-05-10 20:04:44

Jam

Re: Shakuhachi events in Europe!

Ah if only I was back in the UK! Sounds great, I can't wait to travel all over Europe when I'm back and play shakuhachi with all these people! Shakuhachi would be a great excuse to go to Finland..

#3 2010-05-11 05:05:52

Daniel Ryudo
Shihan/Kinko Ryu

Re: Shakuhachi events in Europe!

The Prague event (as well as the others) sounds great; wish I had more disposable income so that I could make the flight over....

Board footer