Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2005-11-21 13:34:29

kyoreiflutes
Website

Hello to all...

Greetings to all. I'm very glad that there's finally a forum just for us Shakuhachi players. I've been flying blind for too long all by myself out here. It's only been with the assistance of people like Ken LaCosse and Perry Yung that I've learned as much as I have, and have stayed interested in the Shakuhachi.

I'm a 37 year old maker/player here in Seattle. I started out about a year or so ago, just making a few simple flutes from Tonkin Bamboo, and recently made my first batch of Root-End flutes, which play very well; I'm very excited about being able to make nice flutes, and hope to someday offer them to the public. I got lucky that playing and making have both come very easily to me; However, I'd be nowhere, honestly, in flute making, without the extensive help of Ken LaCosse and his excellent PDF on flutemaking, as well as the million-plus questions I've asked him over the last year. The first Shakuhachi I made, a 1.8, came out sounding a little better, and just as in tune, as my Shakuhachi Yuu, so I'm pretty happy with it.

I'm happy to be here, and can't wait to share all this flute goodness!

-Eddie

"The Universe does not play favorites, and is not fair by its very Nature; Humans, however, are uniquely capable of making the world they live in fair to all."    - D.E. Lloyd

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."    -John Donne

Board footer