Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2010-07-05 08:30:24

mrwuwu

" Shakuhachi" the movie!

According to IMDB, The Internet Movie DataBase,  a film was made in 1995 named Shakuhachi starring Frankie Sakai, a well known portly actor, comedian, and musician.  To us westerners he is familiar to us as the actor who played Lord Yabu in the mini-series Shogun and he was in the famous movie Mothra.       Alas, IMDB has no information,  and if we have any members who are proficient in Japanese, there is a sister database called JMDB which lists all Japanese films from 1899 to the present.

" You know, it's been three years now, maybe a new teacher can help you? ...... " Sensei

#2 2010-07-05 08:59:34

Yungflutes
Flutemaker/Performer
Website

Re: " Shakuhachi" the movie!

mrwuwu wrote:

According to IMDB, The Internet Movie DataBase,  a film was made in 1995 named Shakuhachi starring Frankie Sakai, a well known portly actor, comedian, and musician.  To us westerners he is familiar to us as the actor who played Lord Yabu in the mini-series Shogun and he was in the famous movie Mothra.     Alas, IMDB has no information,  and if we have any members who are proficient in Japanese, there is a sister database called JMDB which lists all Japanese films from 1899 to the present.

Hey mrwuwu, The duet by the mini twins in Mothra is one of my favorite film moments of all time!

"A hot dog is not an animal." - Jet Yung

My Blog/Website on the art of shakuhachi...and parenting.
How to make an Urban Shakuhachi (PVC)

#3 2010-07-05 10:05:01

mrwuwu

Tell Jet,  " Ohhhhhhh,  Gammera, He's our friend!  "             Hi! Perry!     I do remember the tiny twins singing either in a lotus flower,  or in a sea shell, or in someone's cupped hands.    I'm going to have to watch this again, with pleasure!

" You know, it's been three years now, maybe a new teacher can help you? ...... " Sensei

#4 2010-07-06 01:27:44

ShakuhachiSarah

Man this is pretty neat into Buddy #2 . . .BTW . . .missed you at camp! I hope...I better see you at the next one!

Does anyone have an extra ma I can borrow? :-) Sarah Renata

#5 2010-07-06 10:32:29

Yungflutes
Flutemaker/Performer
Website

mrwuwu wrote:

Tell Jet,  " Ohhhhhhh,  Gammera, He's our friend!  "             Hi! Perry!     I do remember the tiny twins singing either in a lotus flower,  or in a sea shell, or in someone's cupped hands.    I'm going to have to watch this again, with pleasure!

I'll have to get Gammera now! In my favorite scene, they were "flown in" in a miniature white carriage above a theater audience while singing Mosura. It was quite a spectacle.

"A hot dog is not an animal." - Jet Yung

My Blog/Website on the art of shakuhachi...and parenting.
How to make an Urban Shakuhachi (PVC)

Board footer