Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2010-07-30 20:56:30

Moran from Planet X
Website

A shakuhachi player

I swiped this picture from somewhere, someone on the Web. My older-middle-aged mind is preventing me from remembering where I got it from. Can anyone identify this shakuhachi player and any other pertinent information about the circumstances of this photo?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4113/4845239710_9a84b7df24_b.jpg

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I am all out of bubblegum." —Rowdy Piper, They Live!

#2 2010-08-01 07:01:51

Zakarius

Re: A shakuhachi player

If you have the original image's filename, would it be possible to do a search for that image file? If the page still exists, ...

Zak

塵も積もれば山となる -- "Chiri mo tsumoreba yama to naru." -- Piled-up specks of dust become a mountain.

#3 2010-08-01 08:01:04

Rick Riekert

Chris, you probably pilfered the image from Dean Del Bene's "Myoan Shakuhachi" site where it was posted with the player unidentified on 6/22.

Mastery does not lay in the mastery of technique, but in penetrating the heart of the music. However, he who has not mastered the technique will not penetrate the heart of the music.
~ Hisamatsu Fûyô

#4 2010-08-01 10:02:46

radi0gnome
Website

If you're looking for a caption again, how about "If I scrunch my face up, maybe I can hit this high note..." 

But making captions to real photographs is kind of disrespectful to the player, even if unidentified. My apologies to the player, who I'm sure could make most of us wish we could play as well if we could hear him.

BTW, Chris, It looks like you removed some of threads with the great captions and jokes. Those were good, do you think you could put those someplace where they could be looked at occasionally? Maybe your blog, but then you might run into copyright problems.

"Now birds record new harmonie, And trees do whistle melodies;
Now everything that nature breeds, Doth clad itself in pleasant weeds."
~ Thomas Watson - England's Helicon ca 1580

Board footer