Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2006-09-10 21:07:03

jaybeemusic

Harmony Assistant - Shaku Notation...

Hi there everybody...

I've been searching high and low and i found this handy little piece of software that can take a piece of western notation,
and give the shakuhachi fingering for it... don't know if it would be helpful

here's the link.... it's called harmony assistant....

http://www.myriad-online.com/en/products/harmony.htm

it can import midi and i've found it quite helpful.  It's only a demo but it's infinately more useful than finale and tons cheaper too.

I've done a bunch of stuff with it and can email you and trade scores.... privately of course.

Let me know....btw...i was gonna post a score...but i can't figure out how to attach the picture to this post......

HELP!!!!!

thanks...

Jacques

It's better to keep your mouth closed and let people "think" that you're stupid, than to open it, and remove all doubt.

#2 2006-09-10 22:30:51

rpowers

Re: Harmony Assistant - Shaku Notation...

I spent some time digging through the website before I recognized something you said up front--this software can give you shakuhachi fingerings rather than traditional notation.

Is each note represented by a diagram (5 circles, filled or not)? Just what are you able to do using this app?

jaybeemusic wrote:

..btw...i was gonna post a score...but i can't figure out how to attach the picture to this post......

HELP!!!!!

thanks...

Jacques

You won't be able to attach or upload your image file. You have to have it hosted elsewhere and then use the IMG tag to link to it

Last edited by rpowers (2006-09-11 12:22:26)

"Shut up 'n' play . . . " -- Frank Zappa
"Gonna blow some . . ." -- Junior Walker
"It's not the flute." -- Riley Lee

#3 2006-09-11 01:43:28

edosan
Edomologist

Re: Harmony Assistant - Shaku Notation...

rpowers wrote:

You won't be able to attach or upload your image file. You have to have it hosted elsewhere and then use the IMG tag to link to it

I use imageshack for hosting my images. You have to register to use it, then they send you an email with a log-on link in it, so you can log on to imageshack whenever you want to host images, at which time you can copy one of several links to use for posting your image(s). I generally use the 'direct' link, which you can put in your posts here so members can download the images. You can also post the actual image right here in the forum if you wish.

http://imageshack.us/

It's free, too.

eB

PS: Could you please elucidate just how this piece of software produces shakuhachi fingerings?

Last edited by edosan (2006-09-11 01:51:59)

Zen is not easy.
It takes effort to attain nothingness.
And then what do you have?
Bupkes.

Board footer