Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2010-12-13 03:16:06

Daniel Ryudo
Shihan/Kinko Ryu

Candlelight concert at Kochi Castle, December 17th

Our band The Windbeat, which we have tentatively characterized as world folk, will be playing for the Tosa Yume Akari, a candlelight event outdoors at Kochi Castle on the evening of December 17th.  The evening music starts off with a local gospel group, Lahda Mercy, at 6:00 p.m.  We'll be playing from 7:30 to 8:00 p.m.  The band is currently a six member group playing original music featuring shakuhachi, didgeridoo, pandeiro, mbira, bongos and other percussion, acoustic guitars,and ukelele, accompanying our female vocalist, with members from Australia, Japan, England, and the U.S.A.

#2 2010-12-13 04:12:49

Mark Angevine

Re: Candlelight concert at Kochi Castle, December 17th

Sounds fun. Any chance you will video or audio record? Wish I could fly to Narita, but alas, too far for now.

"Open mouth, already a mistake"

#3 2010-12-13 11:32:30

Mujitsu
Administrator/Flutemaker
Website

Mark Angevine wrote:

Sounds fun. Any chance you will video or audio record?

Let's see, we have the mailing list, the forum, chat, radio. Who's up for Shakuhachi TV? (STV)

#4 2010-12-13 18:43:11

Josh
PhD
Website

Have fun Dan,
  I recently did a candle light outdoor performance, great atmosphere. And good luck with the weather! Shakuhachi is great when you're playing in Autumn with candlelight or fall leaves, but you freeking fingers always go numb sad

#5 2010-12-14 03:57:17

Daniel Ryudo
Shihan/Kinko Ryu

Thanks, Mark, for the suggestion: yes, audio or video would be good.  You'd have to fly to Narita, then ride a train to Haneda and catch another flight from there to Kochi to get to see the show...  I need to dig out my old video camera; that day is going to be a rush getting downtown after classes finish at university.  Actually our group just last night finished recording a cd in a local studio of the pieces that we're going to play that evening but a live performance is quite different, I think.  And thanks for your encouragement, Josh; I am worrying a little bit as I heard the temperature was projected to be about 2 degrees C; a bit cold for the shakuhachi.  The candle part should be cool.

Last edited by Daniel Ryudo (2010-12-14 04:02:04)

Board footer