#1 2014-01-17 13:06:53

Mujitsu
Administrator/Flutemaker
Website

New solo shakuhachi album from Cornelius Boots

Mountain Hermit's Secret Wisdom
by Cornelius Boots

Recorded in a cave.

Four of the songs are Buddhist hymns based on nature, breath and awareness which come from the shakuhachi bamboo flute tradition. The other three songs are new compositions written specifically for Taimu, a wide-bore, bass variant of the shakuhachi flute. All are performed on the Taimu and work well together as a meditative sound and nature experience.

Digital album

Indiegogo CD campaign

http://www.mujitsu.com/mukyoku/images/corntaimu.jpg

#2 2014-01-24 13:49:15

Cornelius
Shihan/Dokyoku
Website

Re: New solo shakuhachi album from Cornelius Boots

Thanks for the announcement Ken and glad to join the BBQ!

Just a quick note to mention that one of the highlights of the physical CD for this album will be that the scores for all the pieces will be included as pdf files.
The 3 originals are the scores I did a few years ago for those pieces, and the 4 honkyoku scores will be transcriptions of what I played in the cave, so, there are some spontaneous changes to the scores I was reading that happened and lots of details that got added de to the flute and the space.  I am working on those scores now, they are about half-way done.

Explode into space

#3 2014-02-02 13:16:53

airin
Website

Exciting news Cornelius!  Looking forward to the taimu goodness!

#4 2014-03-08 17:23:52

Cornelius
Shihan/Dokyoku
Website

Mountain Hermit's Secret Wisdom funding campaign

Hello again fellow bamboo blowers!
The funding campaign is coming along well, and I appreciate all your interest and support.  Thank you!!
The campaign ends March 11, and we are very close to meeting our goal, but we’re not there yet.  Extra money is very welcome, and if it’s in your budget and you feel inspired to contribute, I would be very grateful.

If we exceed the goal, the additional funds will allow us to increase the initial disc printing, widen the scope of the marketing and distribution to reach more people, and to rent an acoustically appropriate venue and promote a release show.

This project has been in the making for over two years.  When I discovered this cave and experienced the resonance there and how the flute inside the cave was an analog to the air inside the flute---selecting the appropriate songs and getting back there with more flutes and recording equipment became the priority.

My hope is that listening to this album will transmit in some way the essence of the flutes, the cave, the songs, the state of consciousness and the awareness of breath that were all required to bring these recordings into being.  All of these factors are elements to an experience that, hopefully, is felt as beneficial in some way, but is also just beyond the scope of what we can say in words.

Thank you so much for your consideration,
cb

Digital album available now on bandcamp
https://images.indiegogo.com/medias/1196876/pictures/full/20140111154629-Gold_Country_12.jpg?1389483992

Last edited by Cornelius (2014-03-08 17:45:46)

Explode into space

Board footer