Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

• Index
  •  » Flutemaking
  •  » Where is it possible to buy a 1.6 7-hole shakuhachi?

#1 2014-02-28 11:55:35

Johann

Where is it possible to buy a 1.6 7-hole shakuhachi?

I've been trying for quite some time to search for one who could make a 7-hole shakuhachi, but i haven't been successfull. So if anybody knows one who could either make a 1.6 7-hole shakuhachi, or refurbish and convert a 1.6 to a 7-hole, please let me know who. I can't afford Bamboo because i only have 450$ ~ that i can use

The reason i'm going far for this specific shakuhachi is because it's that kind of shakuhachi that's used in the Naruto ost's

I can name some of the osts that used this shakuhachi type: Naruto main theme, Strong and strike, Turn over, Need to be strong, Sarutobi's theme and Jiraiya's theme

#2 2014-03-01 14:08:25

Mujitsu
Administrator/Flutemaker
Website

Re: Where is it possible to buy a 1.6 7-hole shakuhachi?

Johann wrote:

I've been trying for quite some time to search for one who could make a 7-hole shakuhachi, but i haven't been successfull.

Hi Johann,

In case you haven't done so yet, I think many makers would be willing to take on that project if you contact them individually. (Even though 7 hole shakuhachi are not on their websites) Maybe even in bamboo. If you are looking for a wooden shakuhachi, you can ask Colyn Peterson.

#3 2014-10-15 19:18:27

koshizan
Website

Re: Where is it possible to buy a 1.6 7-hole shakuhachi?

Johann, not sure if you are still looking. I have a nice Miyata Maple 1.6 seven hole that I never really used and would be willing to part with. You can email me at koshizan at Hotmail.com if still interested.
David

Information is not knowledge, Knowledge is not wisdom, Wisdom is not truth, Truth is not beauty, Beauty is not love, Love is not music .... and Music is THE BEST.  fz

• Index
  •  » Flutemaking
  •  » Where is it possible to buy a 1.6 7-hole shakuhachi?

Board footer