Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2015-02-05 13:34:07

WangZilong

hello from Shanghai~

你好 from Shanghai.
I'm an undergraduate student from China, and I'v been learning Shakuhachi for about 2 months.

I've heard about Shakuhachi for several years from ancient Buddhist story and animations.  Distinctive and amazing BGMs from <NARUTO> and <seven samurai> appealed me much.  However, it took a long time before I finally make up my mind to learn Shakuhachi, because of the saying "shake head for three years". And not surprisingly, it is the most frustrating experience to learn Shakuhachi at first. Luckily, now I can play the basic sound basically. And I find there is not mere meri waiting for me.

It was a tough time to learn an instrument all by self with few materials. Until, I found this forum and many friends fortunately. Hope a happy Shakuhachi time with all of you.

I'm learning Japanese too. I hope to learn more about Japan including the history, Ken-Do, Karate Do, Hogaku, etc.  Wish a deepened friendship among China and Japan and all over the whole world.

明头来明头打,
暗头来暗头打,
四方八面来旋风打,
虚空来也连架打。

#2 2015-02-06 07:17:15

Jam

Re: hello from Shanghai~

Welcome to the forum!

You're doing well to keep playing, I remember the first few months (years) being incredibly frustrating. The key is to not give up!

I think there is a small shakuhachi community in China, I met some Chinese players at the WSF in Kyoto, though I can't remember whereabouts in China they were from.

日本語の勉強も頑張ってください!

Board footer