You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2024-03-30 19:47:05

Jon Kypros
Flutemaker
Website

Jon Kypros Jinashi and Jimori shakuhachi for sale

Hi all,
You can find my Jinashi and Jimori shakuhachi for sale on my website flutedojo.com.

Here's a bit about my work and Jinashi and Jimori shakuhachi in general:

The true sound of bamboo - Jinashi and Jimori
The true sound of bamboo is boundless variety, from which I handcraft Jinashi and Jimori natural bamboo bore shakuhachi (地無し?地盛り). In order to bring about harmony, I carefully work each unique bamboo bore by making small, yet crucial adjustments at key points. They stand in stark contrast to Jinuri/'Jiari' and 'cast-bore' type shakuhachi which completely fill and form the inside of bamboo with paste or glue into a shape which is not found in bamboo naturally.

In a sense, handcrafting my Jinashi and Jimori natural bamboo bore shakuhachi is like brushing original oil paintings, while producing Jinuri/Jiari and 'cast-bores' is similar to faithfully copying one image, over and over again. Of course, all of these methods deserve equal respect and contribute to the total variety of shakuhachi we can enjoy. With my work, I wish to celebrate bamboo, both inside and out. Please enjoy the wonderful diversity below and I hope you'll find that some of my shakuhachi resonate with you.

To learn more about this with the aid of images and video, see Jinashi and Jimori vs. 'Jiari' Jinuri and cast-bore Shakuhachi.

I also craft my shakuhachi to have the widest tonal landscape possible for a given piece and the stability to explore it. This tonal exploration and stability are the core essence of the shakuhachi (you can read more on my page https://flutedojo.com/guides/the-shakuhachi).

Thank you and RO on friends! J

My site flutedojo. Craftsperson of Jinashi and Jimori shakuhachi for sale since 2002. Dai Shihan 'Grandmaster' and full-time teacher of shakuhachi lessons

Board footer