Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2006-10-30 14:10:21

Toffe

The word "deshi" in kanji.

I finally decided to mark my flutes "deshi". It means "disciple"... Being a christian it marks my relation to Jesus and also it marks what I will always consider myself as a flutebuilder.
Probably many fluteplayers would call themself "deshi", so it'll be easy to identify with the name.

I have a stampmaker here that will make the stamp. But I need to get some nice orignal kanji to give him. I know what it looks like in kanji, but could anyone help me out to make them look really nice for a stamp?

If anyone finds the time and energy to help me out I'd be more than grateful!

This is what I managed to scrape out:

http://altoguitar.com/shakuhachi/deshi.jpg

Thank you and peace

// Chris the Swede.

#2 2006-10-30 18:08:33

gmiller

Re: The word "deshi" in kanji.

Why not make your own original art for the stamp maker.... a fine shodo brush, some ink and paper and just draw it unitl you get one you like...
mo'betta to do your hanko yourself.....

Also w/ this skill you can copy your own hand written notation; you know you know a piece when you can write it out on paper......

If you plan on a wood burning stamp I would go to mejiro for this; they have the whole kit including your custom made hanko. Saori-san can help you...
I had them make my hanko and they did a great job...

George

Last edited by gmiller (2006-10-30 18:29:11)

#3 2006-10-30 18:40:35

Toffe

That's a good idea, I will do that.
But I still want to make sure the hanko comes out perfect, so that it's readable and all.

#4 2006-10-30 18:43:21

gmiller

If it's for wood burning to your flutes, then don't try to do your artwork; let mejiro handle that. If you want rubber stamp hanko to sign letters, art , etc.;, then definetly try your own art....

Board footer