Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2006-11-03 21:45:35

amokrun

Making a beginner's blog. Thoughts?

I've had this idea for a long time now but haven't quite gotten anything done so far. Now I decided to finally just go ahead and do it rather than just think about doing it. My idea is to make a website with shakuhachi information as well as information on my progress and on things that I find out the hard way. Think of it as a blog with all kinds of content that relates to my shakuhachi playing.

Now, I know that there are several sites out there where people post about their shakuhachi work. However, the thing that all those sites seem to have in common is that they are all written by people with years and years of experience. It almost seems like there are masters and then there is you.

I have several goals. First of all, I can write about my progress and later on laugh at just how wrong I was back then. That alone is worth the effort. Furthermore, I'm hoping to be able to post about all those little things that I discover so that someone in the same situation can see that he isn't the only one with that particular problem. In my experience, people who are still beginners at something have a good idea of what it feels like to know basically nothing and thus can relate to those problems easily.

Since we have both advanced players and beginners in here, I would like to ask what kind of things you would like to see on such a site? Do you think such a site is a good idea to begin with?

Thank you for reading. I'm hoping to get some good ideas.

Board footer