World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-01-03 15:26:02

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Taiko Activities in Tasmania

This is not strictly shakuhachi related, but Taiko is another Japanese musical form and I'm a Tassie, so I thought I'd post this. Forwarded to me by Simon Vanyai who is the leader of the Taiko group there.

Of course I am touring Australia with the Femmes at this exact time so i won't be able to participate, or  I would!

Art Lee in Australia 2007

UTTS is bringing Art Lee back to Australia for some intensive Taiko workshops to improve our skills and appreciation for the diversity of Taiko.
This is the second year of what we hope will become an annual event, bringing together people in mutual celebration of the pounding rhythms of Taiko.
Wadaiko training courses are open to all Taiko enthusiasts

UTTS is planning a series of workshops to cater for a wide variety of levels and budgets for both local drummers, and drummers from around the globe.

Visiting from interstate? welcome to our wild Island

We dearly hope that a few will be tempted to our shores for a chance to learn -perhaps a different style of Taiko than you do at home, and experience the teaching of Art Lee - who we all love and who inspires us to greater Taiko heights.
We have timed the workshops to take advantage of our beautiful weather, and give you a break from the scorching heat, so come, drum, and enjoy ! We look forward to meeting you.
We are happy to help out with any questions about travel, accommodation or tourism while you are here.
Choose a course to suit your time availability

The courses consist of a number of workshops that can be taken individually or consecutively.
Please see the website for a clear description:
http://www.taikodrum.com/art-lee-07.htm

the following classes are available...

Wadaiko Art - 2007          Drum through the Australia Day Long Weekend

Jan 27 + 28, Sat - Sun  - East Coast, Tasmania
A follow-up to the hugely successful workshop in Burnie, Tasmania earlier this year.
Spend a weekend on Tasmania’s sunny East Coast at the seaside resort of Bicheno, with its spectacular granite shoreline, amazing blowhole, and gorgeous beach which is perfect for swimming.

2 day training camp, inviting visiting taikoists, catering for all levels. Fun for everyone. Food and accommodation included, but other arrangements can be made. we will do what we can to help.

wadaiko one                                 
- Hobart, Tasmania - Jan 23, 24, 25
3 day early intermediate level workshop
Experience the unique energy and physicality that Taiko has to offer whilst exploring the various styles and origins of traditional Japanese drums.
For Taiko enthusiasts with 1 month to 2 years' experience, who want to improve their skills and enhance their appreciation of Taiko.

wadaiko two                                   
- Hobart, Tasmania - Jan 30, 31 + Feb 01
3 day advanced intermediate level workshop
Hone your skill, power and spirit through a variety of Taiko styles and expand your rhythmic repertoire.
For drummers with 1 to 6 years’ experience who really want to take Taiko to new heights of percussive excellence, and channel the spirit of ancient Japan through their bachi.

weekend wadaiko workshops                 
- Hobart, Tasmania  - Jan 20, 21   +   Feb 03. 04
2 day workshops for all levels
Experience the unique energy and physicality that Taiko has to offer.
Workshops will begin with basics, and will become more challenging over the 3 weeks.

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

Board footer