Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-01-07 00:28:08

graham in oz

Tamuke shin no te

I have recently got this score from Monty written by Tokuyama Takashi.

Anyone know anything about this piece or have an mp3 of it?

Its not another name for Tamuke as this particular piece has a similar feel and structure its definately not TAMUKE.

Nothing on google or Komuso.com

thanks in advance

email me direct  ranftg at iinet dot net dot au

#2 2007-01-07 09:22:20

jamesnyman

Re: Tamuke shin no te

Tamuke shin no te is available on a CD recordedd by Tokuyama Takashi...Korei, Volume 2 of the Bamboo Spirit series. It is also available from Monty. On his website Monty lists Tokuyama Takashi's sheet music both by level of difficulty and by the CD it was recorded on. Not all of his available sheet music is recorded by him.

"The means are the ends in the making."  Mohandas K. Ghandi

#3 2007-01-07 09:34:37

Josh
PhD
Website

Hi Graham, 
Monty's site says that Tamuke Shin no te was recorded on Tokuyama's Kyorei CD. There is also an explanation of the song (although under the CD it only lists the song title only as Tamuke). I don't know much about him but it says that he is the founder of the Tokuyama Honkyoku Kai, which leads me to believe that he may have put his own stamp on some of the honkyoku (this is pure speculation, if there is a student of his out there or someone more knowledgable please correct me). Therefore the Tamuke shin no te is just his version of Tamuke so you probably won't find too many other recordings of it.

Josh

#4 2007-01-07 10:13:53

vol

hi  the piece on tokuyama`s cd kyorei is not tamuke shin note it is tamuke gyo(also on montys list)that is a very fine piece and mor typical  tamuke.berry weiss is an student from tokuyama takashi. 
   10 minutes later:even i play tamuke shin no te and the piece open my hart.aahh      vol

Board footer