Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-01-23 21:25:34

Moran from Planet X
Website

Peter Hill in SoCal last weekend

I'll have to watch this space more carefully in the future, because Peter Hill's recent classes this past weekend (Jan. 20) in Del Mar, Calif. (near San Diego) were not listed here.

Peter is a celebrated student of Yokoyama Katsuya and is a very fine master teacher (shihan) himself. I would dare say that any American shakuhachi student would find themselves transformed (and positively so, at that) by their first lesson with him. I certainly was.

Peter's sound is unbelievably strong and full. Yokoyama-sensei must be exceptionally proud.

In addition to giving private lessons and a group workshop, Peter also brought a generous array of shakuhachi from his web site http://reibo.org. The consensus at the workshop were that Peter's prices were too low, but we're doing our best not to let him know that.

I will make it a point to post any further learning opportunities with Peter in SoCal with this group.

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I am all out of bubblegum." —Rowdy Piper, They Live!

#2 2007-01-25 19:47:25

kyoreiflutes
Website

Re: Peter Hill in SoCal last weekend

Even though Peter lives here in Seattle, I've not yet met him. That's due to my being a typical flaky Seattle musician. But I don't think he's on this forum, is he? I've mentioned it to him before.

-E

"The Universe does not play favorites, and is not fair by its very Nature; Humans, however, are uniquely capable of making the world they live in fair to all."    - D.E. Lloyd

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."    -John Donne

Board footer