You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-01-17 18:48:52

geni
Performer & Teacher
Website

practise..softwares.

Hi guys,
Just wanted to share about my shakuhachi practise with music softwares.

I use garage band (apple)& smart music.

With garage band I record pieces and intervals/scales.
its very open minded...I keep the sound dry, no reverb. I am never happy how I sound:-)
I record the long notes too some time..it displayes the shape of the sound, I try to do different shapes..bamboo leaf is my favorite.
It helps to visualise sometimes.

Smart Music is different.
It has a Tuner & metronome. It records too, but the qualityi s lower.
Smart music has play-alongs.
Clasical music (strings,winds,voice,piano repertuare)  I play the melody with shakuhachi a long a clasical ansamble or orchestra.
I found this very helpfull for my INTONATION & technical abilities. I have some modest recordings of those practises.
Some materials sound perfect for shakuhachi.

#2 2007-01-31 16:49:02

caffeind

Re: practise..softwares.

I used to use Reason to help me practice for a while. Some ways I used it were to play along with patterns and scales, practicing various koro koro patterns at different speeds, substituting guitar for koto and and programming pieces to play with. I suppose the most significant benefits of practicing that way were having the ability to change the speed of the patterns, working on accuracy, increasing my awareness of intonation (after having retuned the default flute patches). It helped reveal certain weaknesses that previous practice methods hadnt shown up. Sometimes the set practice regime helped counter my laziness. After a few months I felt that my practice method had improved and I stopped using Reason. Im still lazy though.

Board footer