World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2006-09-18 12:41:08

Mujitsu
Administrator/Flutemaker
Website

Canada Performers

If you are a performer in Canada please post here.

Please cut and paste the following into your post:
--------------------------------------------

NAME:

TRAVEL RADIUS:

AVAILABLE FOR:

PAY RANGE:

DESCRIPTION, STYLE, OTHER DETAILS:

-------------------------------------------------

#2 2007-02-03 15:41:44

Ryuzen
Dokyoku (Daishihan); Zensabo
Website

Re: Canada Performers

Author: Takegawa

NAME: Alcvin Takegawa Ramos

TRAVEL RADIUS: BC, Canada, Japan.....Anywhere

AVAILABLE FOR: Shakuhachi Intensive Retreats for playing and/or making hocchiku, Leading Pilgrimages to Japan to harvest bamboo and visit sacred places, concerts, workshops, lectures, lecture/demos, flute appraisals, home concerts, private & group lessons, weddings, funerals, openings, closings, corporate gatherings.

PAY RANGE: Depends on the project.

DESCRIPTION, STYLE, OTHER DETAILS:

I have a Shihan from Katsuya Yokoyama and have been teaching for 10 years. I specialize in the Dokyoku of Yokoyama Katsuya and Hocchiku (as taught by Atsuya Okuda) but teach a variety of Kinko, Meian, Tozan, and modern pieces for 13 & 17 string koto.  I have performed with Mongolian Throat singers, bagpipes, taiko, sitar, tabla, orchestra, trumpet, guzheng, percussion, guitar, cello, american indian flute, piano, electronics.  And with distinguished artists: John McLaughlin, Bill Laswell, Kaoru Kakizakai, Teruo Furuya, Kazushi Matama, Toshinori Kondo, Kazutoki Umezu, Joseph Pepe Danza, Michael O'neill, and Uzume Taiko.

I play traditional Japanese solo and ensemble music. I also perform shakuhachi in various improv settings focusing on ambient, atmospherics with digital/electronic processed sound.

Performance experience includes shakuhachi performances in the United States, Japan, Belgium, Holland, Germany, and more.

I am available for the following:

Solo shakuhachi

Sankyoku Trio or Duet with Koto

Dharmakasa-Shakuhachi, world beat

Shindake (ambient electronic music)

Last edited by Takegawa (2007-11-11 16:57:32)

I live a shakuhachi life.

#3 2008-06-23 16:14:02

jdanza
Website

Re: Canada Performers

NAME: Joseph "Pepe" Danza

TRAVEL RADIUS: For now I'm sticking to Planet Earth.

AVAILABLE FOR: Blowing you mind and Soothing your Soul.
                         Concerts, Workshops, Lessons, Healing Sound events and conferences, Studio work,
                         Movie, TV, Theater or Dance Sound Composition

PAY RANGE: As long as you don't insult me  :-)

DESCRIPTION, STYLE, OTHER DETAILS: I am a multi instrumentalist (strings including Guitar and Sitar, Percussion and Winds).
I have been playing and studying the Shakuhachi for over thirty years. I don't belong to any particular school (a bit of a rebel that way...)
but I did live, study and perform in Japan for three years. Any style suits me as long as you leave the politics out... From Buddhist to Jazz to
Trance (I have also written and performed a concert for Shakuhachi and Orchestra) ... I will be there as longs as the Ears and Hearts are open.
  I can do solo shows or group performances for Concert, Dance, Meditation, Healing or simply Celebrating Life.

My websites:
www.pepedanza.com
www.myspace.com/pepedanza

phone: 604-434-1403
e mail: prayerdrum@yahoo.ca

May all Beings be Peaceful and Happy

-------------------------------------------------

Board footer