Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-02-12 23:32:59

yankee1919

hello from los angeles

hello
my name is tony and i am from los angeles ca.(near dodger stadium). i currently have a shakuhachi that i purchased while i lived in japan.
i had a brief invitation to say with a friend in feb/1991 in kanazawa city in ishikawa ken. when i was "hanging" out with my friends we went to a place the "kanazawa international lounge", there i started to learn basic japanese like" sumimasen toilet wa o kami arimaska?" (i appoligize for my bad translation it was a survival skill wakaru?) any how as my friend an i were having ocha and kake i would hear in the distance a sound that gave me chills down my back.(cool i like it) what i turned out on the second floor was a class on the playing shakuhachi.
i ask the sensei if i can participate he said yes. thru the next few months until may/91 i continued going to the classed held once a week.
at the end of my stay my sensei ask if i would like to purchase a flute i said "hi!". little did i know that he drive me in the back country to very place the made the shakuhachi. i cannot recall the name of the location but it was in takai forrest. i also cannot recall my old sensei name.
i recently met someone playing the flute in glendale.ca and inspired me to get the flute from storage. it has been many years since i played it the sounds reminded me of the little room i would practice in my appartment in izumigaoka.
the power of wind instruments are/is the souls of many of us i will continue to exercise the positive vibes it creates.
tony

#2 2007-02-13 09:07:21

edosan
Edomologist

Re: hello from los angeles

Welcome, Tony.

And may your shakuhachi forever be loosed from the bonds of storage...

eB

Last edited by edosan (2007-02-13 09:07:41)

Zen is not easy.
It takes effort to attain nothingness.
And then what do you have?
Bupkes.

Board footer