Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

• Index
  •  » Recordings
  •  » What is the best pay per track music download place?

#1 2007-02-17 03:06:14

Bogert

What is the best pay per track music download place?

Hello,
     I was wondering if anyone has tried some of the pay per track type mp3 places, like itune, or emusic ......  I have tried emusic, jutebox music thingy, and some others, but can't find specifically what I'm after.  I did find some good stuff though.  I'm really looking for Yokoyama Katsuya and Yamamoto Hozan, but then only certain songs.. Maybe I set out on a task too difficult : (  Well if anyone has any ideas let me know.
                                                                                                               Chris

理趣経百字の偈
菩薩勝慧者 乃至尽生死 恒作衆生利 而不趣涅槃 般若及方便 智度悉加持 諸法及諸有    一切皆清浄 欲等調世間 令得浄除故 
有頂及悪趣 調伏尽諸有 如蓮体本染 不為垢所染    諸欲性亦然 不染利群生 大欲得清浄 大安楽富饒 三界得自在 能作堅固利

#2 2007-02-17 15:29:06

kyoreiflutes
Website

Re: What is the best pay per track music download place?

iTunes is basically the only real game in town right now. I'd be shocked if anyone ever made a truly extensive online collection of shakuhachi music, especially considering all of the legal and ownership rights problems. You'd be hard-pressed to find an older recording; you'd have more luck finding newer recordings of older material, otherwise you'd have to wait until someone re-issued the material, then bothered getting into legal talks with Apple, etc.

Maybe someday more things will be available, but it depends on people cataloging things.

-E

"The Universe does not play favorites, and is not fair by its very Nature; Humans, however, are uniquely capable of making the world they live in fair to all."    - D.E. Lloyd

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."    -John Donne

#3 2007-02-17 18:05:48

geni
Performer & Teacher
Website

Now days its very easy to put stuff online for sale.
Through CD Baby..
And the process of copyrights its very easy (Harry Fox etc..) You can do anything very fast.

G

#4 2007-02-17 20:01:49

kyoreiflutes
Website

Well, you can PUT stuff online for sale, but not if it's not yours to sell. If it's not your recording, it's not yours, and you can be sued, or get a C&D letter at least. That's IF there's someone around to claim a copyright on a recording of a certain age. I think that's what we're talking about here, not our own recordings. 

-E

"The Universe does not play favorites, and is not fair by its very Nature; Humans, however, are uniquely capable of making the world they live in fair to all."    - D.E. Lloyd

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."    -John Donne

• Index
  •  » Recordings
  •  » What is the best pay per track music download place?

Board footer