You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-05-08 13:27:41

Nobody
Website

New Member from Earth

Hi, Y'all.
Thought I'd make an introduction.
I'm kind of new to the Shakuhachi. I used to make transverse "simple" flutes. Not sure why they call them simple. With the right fingerings, you can tune those things for use in an orchestra, as long as you have the right volume.

Arizona's my abode right now. Looking forward to going deeper into shakuhachi for solo, ensemble, and modern music with western instruments. It's all Zen if you do it right.

My current flute is a 2.1 Jinashi made by Shakuhachi Jon in New York. It's a very sweet sound and the tuning is right on. It sure requires an electronic tuner to practice with, but it's very compatible with western instruments, especially the second octave. I'm hoping to find an inexpensive 2.1 Jiari, too.

I aim to study traditional music on low budget (no teacher). My music background is solid, so it seems doable. Eventually, you learn how to practice anything without a teacher. It's an intuitive thing.

However, being stuck in a rigid formula is not my style. Tradition's good to learn, but it musn't be clinged to obsessively, either.

Blessings.

Last edited by Nobody (2007-05-16 14:02:10)

Board footer