Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-05-05 12:40:51

Zakarius

Website of links to free notation and recordings -- interested?

This topic kind of popped up in another so I thought I'd start it as a new thread.

I'd be happy to set up a website which holds links to score notation that members have written and want in the public domain. It can also link to recordings but both would not be hosted on the site (people would have to host their files elsewhere). If there's sufficient interest, I'd be happy to set it up.

On the other hand, a couple people have suggested doing the same but using MySpace.

If you like this idea and have a preference between the two above methods (or other options/suggestions), let's hear it!

Zakarius

塵も積もれば山となる -- "Chiri mo tsumoreba yama to naru." -- Piled-up specks of dust become a mountain.

#2 2007-05-11 13:06:55

Zakarius

Re: Website of links to free notation and recordings -- interested?

I guess not! <shrugs>

Zakarius

塵も積もれば山となる -- "Chiri mo tsumoreba yama to naru." -- Piled-up specks of dust become a mountain.

#3 2007-05-11 20:48:16

dstone
Website

Zakarius, when I start to release an early version of the shakuhachi notation software I'm working on (search past threads for some details) I intend to have an up/download area on the software's site for PD music or recordings because there'll finally be a file format for sharing notated pieces that can be edited, printed, etc.   

The PD burden is a heavy one, though.  Historically many music and lyric sites have been threatened and ultimately closed because people had transcribed by, eye or ear, simple versions of popular songs into their own hand or electronic notation and then shared them.  Of course, folk songs past a certain age are fair game.  But even melody lines of jazz standards (and certainly anything in the last 50 or so years) are off-limits, as I understand it.

Don't let me deter you from setting up a cool website now, though!  smile

As an absolute guess, I'd hope to have some software to show (or maybe to try) by late summer...  maybe...

-Darren.

Last edited by dstone (2007-05-11 20:49:44)

When it is rainy, I am in the rain. When it is windy, I am in the wind.  - Mitsuo Aida

#4 2007-05-11 22:08:55

geni
Performer & Teacher
Website

not to many people have materials to share..(that will be my guess)
When I will have my CD ready..(near future:-) I will share couple of songs.

G

Last edited by geni (2007-05-12 01:39:36)

#5 2007-05-12 02:40:30

Zakarius

dstone wrote:

Zakarius, when I start to release an early version of the shakuhachi notation software I'm working on (search past threads for some details) I intend to have an up/download area on the software's site for PD music or recordings because there'll finally be a file format for sharing notated pieces that can be edited, printed, etc.

Cool -- sounds like a great project! If you need any help just let me know <zakarius@gmail.com>.

Zakarius

Board footer