Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#26 2007-05-20 19:18:37

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Re: How does playing the shakuhachi effect the player?

nomaD43 wrote:

If you have not had the experience of hearing shakuhachi, I would be honored if you would let me purchase and send to you a CD of honkyoku. This way you can experience it for yourself and share it as part of your report.
Shalom
Damon

Ciao Damon, that's very generous and kind. Also if she has not heard shakuhachi it is very easy and free to hear a lot of it on the internet, especially by going to myspace where many shakuhachi players give free mp3's to listen.

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#27 2007-05-21 01:48:25

nomaD43

Tairaku wrote:

nomaD43 wrote:

If you have not had the experience of hearing shakuhachi, I would be honored if you would let me purchase and send to you a CD of honkyoku. This way you can experience it for yourself and share it as part of your report.
Shalom
Damon

Ciao Damon, that's very generous and kind. Also if she has not heard shakuhachi it is very easy and free to hear a lot of it on the internet, especially by going to myspace where many shakuhachi players give free mp3's to listen.

Thank you and hello, Tairaku
I am sure there is a great deal of free (legal or otherwise) shakuhachi music available on the internet, and it would be just as easy for me to copy a CD, load it to my website and give her, or anyone a link to listen to. But being an artist (graphic designer) I have certain reservations about doing so. The fact that I don't know where to send someone to locate legal, free music downloads on the internet - especially MySpace, I would prefer to offer an inquisitive teen the benefit of my desire to see inquisitive teens supported in their interests (particularly when they are interested in something I am passionate about).
I will, in fact be giving a lecture on my experience with shakuhachi and suizen to a class at my school this Thursday. I have given several talks to students there which have been well received. This makes me happy.
Damon

#28 2007-05-21 09:51:26

radi0gnome
Website

You could try this one found on the "links" thread on this forum: http://zeami.ci.sugiyama-u.ac.jp/~izuka … wata1.html

"Now birds record new harmonie, And trees do whistle melodies;
Now everything that nature breeds, Doth clad itself in pleasant weeds."
~ Thomas Watson - England's Helicon ca 1580

Board footer