Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-05-17 22:01:57

Moran from Planet X
Website

Shipping Blues

Lord, lord, lord. U.S. Postal Service has just started "zoning" Priority Mail and their prices are outta sight -- in a bad way.

I sent a 4lb box to Pittsburgh from Claremont, Calif. yesterday and got walloped for $14.00+. I sent a package media mail to the same address later that day, same weight, 4lbs, and it cost $4.00.

I guess no more Priority Mail for me -- especially across the country.

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I am all out of bubblegum." —Rowdy Piper, They Live!

#2 2007-05-18 02:25:13

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Re: Shipping Blues

Chris Moran wrote:

Lord, lord, lord. U.S. Postal Service has just started "zoning" Priority Mail and their prices are outta sight -- in a bad way.

I sent a 4lb box to Pittsburgh from Claremont, Calif. yesterday and got walloped for $14.00+. I sent a package media mail to the same address later that day, same weight, 4lbs, and it cost $4.00.

I guess no more Priority Mail for me -- especially across the country.

Most shipping is out of line nowadays, seems like one of the biggest scams out there.

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#3 2007-05-18 10:13:55

Rick McDaniel

The price of fuel affects all transportation costs, my friends. Government or private, the costs are still there. Naturally, it is all passed on to you and I.

You can thank the Postal Service for the subsidization of bulk mailers, where they get very cheap rates to mail us all that stuff we not only don't want, but would like to get rid of, in the first place.

That results in high rates for all other classes of mail, which comprise the smallest portion of all mailings.

If you will look closely, at the mail you get, you might observe that even your monthly bills, are mostly bulk mailed. Like everything, big business is getting the deal, and the public/small guy pays the bill.

#4 2007-05-23 00:18:28

Moran from Planet X
Website

Well, I got caught again. So it's my own fault. I was in a hurry and wanted to send a standard vinyl LP to Australia (from California) via International Express Mail. Cardboard mailer. 3 - 5 days which is not their SUPER-dooper express.

$32.00. No lie. 32 clams.

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I am all out of bubblegum." —Rowdy Piper, They Live!

#5 2007-05-23 17:52:55

bluespiderweb

Yes, shipping rates are high, but you can save a little money by USPS online-they give discounts if you print your own postage and pay online.

Be well,  Barry

Board footer