Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-08-20 03:49:11

kirstykomuso
Website

kirstykomuso in sydney australia

Greetings. a.k.a. Kirsty Beilharz, I am a composer and last year I commenced shakuhachi after the Australia Shakuhachi Festival in Canberra 2006 and a long interest in Japanese music and culture. Last year and this, I have had some lessons in Japan with Kakizakai Sensei. In Sydney I have had lessons with Riley Lee and Bronwyn Kirkpatrick. Currently blowing my way through sweaty summer, I will return to Japan in winter when I hope to compose some new music including shakuhachi. I have some photos and entries on my shakuhachi-blog. Some of my early adventures with shakuhachi include the Rockies camp '06, Hawaii shakuhachi 'n Surf '06 and later this week Bisei '07, the 20th anniversary of the Kenshukan founded by Yokoyama Sensei. I play a Miura 1.8 and 2.1. So we are at the beginning of a long journey.  Gambatte all fellow shakuhachi enthusiasts. (My music can be found at the Australia Music Centre).

Last edited by kirstykomuso (2007-08-20 03:52:14)

#2 2007-08-20 04:25:57

Daniel Ryudo
Shihan/Kinko Ryu

Re: kirstykomuso in sydney australia

Welcome to the forum, Kirsty.  It sounds like you're doing shugyo with some great teachers/players.  Gambatte.  Nice photos on your blog!

#3 2007-08-20 06:12:57

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Re: kirstykomuso in sydney australia

Welcome to the forum Kirsty and I suppose we'll be meeting sometime down under. Ciao, Tairaku

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

Board footer