Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-09-07 19:14:12

-Prem

New myspace account

Hello All-
I just opened a very basic music myspace account. I will hopefully add more to it as time goes on, but I wanted somewhere that I could upload some Honkyoku tracks. These were recorded very simply and unmodified by my friend on his computer. Thanks for listening. Let me know what you think.

Here is the link: http://www.myspace.com/hotchiku

-Prem

#2 2007-09-08 03:34:01

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Re: New myspace account

Very nice -Prem, keep spreading the news! You have a good sound.

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#3 2007-09-08 08:23:01

Harazda

-Prem, I think that's just awesome.  This is Watazumi's new residence.

Chris Harazda

#4 2007-09-08 19:05:19

Yungflutes
Flutemaker/Performer
Website

Hi Prem, Nice Work! Simple and unmodified is how shakuhachi should be heard!

I've been on Myspace twice in the past few years but deleted my accounts because I never have time to deal with it. And I was tired of deleting messages from scantily clad young people.

Just a question for those who are on it because of the shakuhachi. What is your Myspace expeince?

Peace, Perry

"A hot dog is not an animal." - Jet Yung

My Blog/Website on the art of shakuhachi...and parenting.
How to make an Urban Shakuhachi (PVC)

#5 2007-09-08 19:20:13

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Yungflutes wrote:

And I was tired of deleting messages from scantily clad young people.

Just a question for those who are on it because of the shakuhachi. What is your Myspace expeince?

Peace, Perry

Hey Perry, I'm not THAT young, and you told me you liked those pictures I posted on your site!

It seems like Myspace is a necessary tool which you must do because everybody else does it or you will be at a disadvantage, similar to what normal websites were a few years back.

Advantages are cheap, user friendly, can get your music out to random people easily because of the way people browse among other myspaces. For example if you were in my "top friends" or vice versa people interested in one would check out the other.

What you say about pics is easily deflated simply by setting your security settings to allow you to preview and approve comments before they get posted.

One interesting fact is, I sell my CD's on CDBaby and they tell you how many people click coming from which website. Although myspace gets a lot of transient traffic more people are going to my CDBaby site from conventional web sites than from myspace. For example more people visit from Ken's www.mujitsu.com site than from his myspace. So the quality of the interaction may not be as good as that of a conventional web site.

That said, I think you should put one up because it's networking and you don't have to spend a lot of time maintaining it if you set your security properly. I can help you with that if you don't know how to do it. You can also use it to link to your www.yungflutes.com site. Slant should have one too. Make sure you start myspace MUSIC sites not regular myspace accounts because that allows you to post mp3's.

You can hear quite a bit of good music and shakuhachi on myspace. It's like a virtual press kit or calling card. I have even gotten gigs from that. Ronnie said he got a gig in Israel from myspace!

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#6 2007-09-08 19:49:42

philthefluter
Website

I recently joined facebook to keep in touch with friends from my time in Japan. I find it more user friendly than myspace. I also don't get mails from people I don't know. It is not ideal for discussion-this forum fulfills this function. It is useful if you are travelling and want to meet with other shakuhachi players. Also useful for sharing photos and connecting with other players met at different events. There is a shakuhachi group that needs more members....

"The bamboo and Zen are One!" Kurosawa Kinko
http://www.shakuhachizen.com/
http://www.myspace.com/shakuhachizen

#7 2007-09-08 21:19:16

Yungflutes
Flutemaker/Performer
Website

Tairaku wrote:

Yungflutes wrote:

And I was tired of deleting messages from scantily clad young people.

Just a question for those who are on it because of the shakuhachi. What is your Myspace expience?

Peace, Perry

Hey Perry, I'm not THAT young, and you told me you liked those pictures I posted on your site!

Well, you must be very good at Photoshopping! smile

That said, I think you should put one up because it's networking and you don't have to spend a lot of time maintaining it if you set your security properly. I can help you with that if you don't know how to do it. ... It's like a virtual press kit or calling card. I have even gotten gigs from that. Ronnie said he got a gig in Israel from myspace!

Enough said!  I've never been to Israel smile
Thanks! Perry

"A hot dog is not an animal." - Jet Yung

My Blog/Website on the art of shakuhachi...and parenting.
How to make an Urban Shakuhachi (PVC)

Board footer