World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-10-13 23:56:24

dstone
Website

[Vancouver] Shakuhachi Society of BC Student Recital

Hi all.

I'm forwarding this invitation from Alcvin Takegawa Ramos.  Some of you may have received it already, but in case there are more local students or lurkers interested in seeing/hearing/playing/sharing, here's a nice social event...

http://bitmason.com/tmp/2007_SSBC_student_recital_poster.jpg

Shakuhachi Society of BC Student Recital

Dear students and friends of Shakuhachi,

You are cordially invited to attend the Shakuhachi Society of BC's annual student recital in downtown East Vancouver. Each player will play one piece of their choice in any genre of shakuhachi. Please specify if you need a koto accompaniment. This event is a potluck so bring something tasty! Please bring friends and family to enjoy the music, food, and fine company of shakuhachi spirits.

In regards to parking: there is metered parking on the streets Powell and Columbia. Also, behind the Orange 5 hotel there are a few pay spaces. There is also a parkade on Water Street within a few blocks. Powell merges into Water at Maple Square. Another option may be to take the Skytrain and walk up from Waterfront Station. If many of you are able to travel together that would be helpful.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me. I look forward to seeing and hearing you all there!

Blessings and good fortunes,

Alcvin

Shakuhachi Student Recital:
Saturday, October 27th at 1 pm to 4 pm
133 Powell Street, Vancouver, BC

Donations are thankfully accepted.

When it is rainy, I am in the rain. When it is windy, I am in the wind.  - Mitsuo Aida

#2 2007-10-15 23:26:55

geni
Performer & Teacher
Website

Re: [Vancouver] Shakuhachi Society of BC Student Recital

hey Darren are you performing there too?

#3 2007-10-16 00:30:36

dstone
Website

Hey Geni.  The thought of "performing" sort of paralyzes me.  But yes, I'll definitely share a honkyoku.  All the students around here will play somthing, I think, so it should be a great time.

-Darren.

When it is rainy, I am in the rain. When it is windy, I am in the wind.  - Mitsuo Aida

#4 2007-10-16 01:13:30

Kabato

Though I can't make it I'd love to see the concert, maybe someone could take a video of it and make it available to a wider audience.? smile

If you say that you do not need to fan yourself because the nature of wind is permanent and you can have wind without fanning, you will understand neither permanence nor the nature of wind. The nature of wind is permanent; because of that, the wind of the buddha's house brings for the gold of the earth and makes fragrant the cream of the long river.

-Eihei Dogen, Genjokoan

#5 2007-10-16 09:13:46

geni
Performer & Teacher
Website

that will great!
Maybe you guys can show the concert live on the internet:-)
JustinTV, mujitsu uses that.
I may do that for one of my concerts..just a idea:-)

Board footer