World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-11-01 07:04:09

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Reviews

I am starting to get requests from record labels to review their shakuhachi CD's on the forum. I can do it but I think it would be good to have other voices because my opinions and tastes are unorthodox. Maybe we could even have multiple reviewers for the same CD. Is anyone interested in this task? Of course you should have general musical knowledge, shakuhachi knowledge and writing skills. And if someone sends you the CD you must provide a detailed and considered review.

Likewise if you have a shakuhachi CD and would like to have it reviewed on the forum we are willing to channel the recording to qualified reviewers.

It would be good for the shakuhachi community, artists and labels to have more discussion of the recordings which are available in the field.

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#2 2007-11-01 12:55:52

chuck091956
Website

Re: Reviews

Hello!

I have a music background but only about 2 1/2 years playing the Shakuhachi. I would be glad to help with some reviews if needed.

Chuck

Chuck Peck

#3 2007-11-01 14:59:23

Kiku Day
Shakuhachi player, teacher and ethnomusicologist
Website

Re: Reviews

Hi Brian.
If I do review the new Denyer CD for Ethnomusicology Forum (the former British Forum of Ethnomusicology), we can use it here too. I can help with others too.

kx

Last edited by Kiku Day (2007-11-01 15:20:06)

I am a hole in a flute
that the Christ's breath moves through
listen to this music
Hafiz

Board footer