Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-10-29 16:59:14

peteross
Website

Treatment for urushi/mold sensitivity etc.

One year ago I had an allergic reaction to my Miura 1.8 after having played it for many years.  I already had an increasing sensitivity to newly lacquered flutes, but, now I couldn't play my older flutes as well.  I eventually realized that mold in the flutes was adding to the urushi problem.

Now one year later I can again play my Miura.  I have been getting allergy treatments, called N.A.E.T.  I don't fully understand how it works, but it combines Kinesiology and Acupuncture.  It's energetics.  Anyway.  I still can't play my other flutes, but, hope to soon.  Fortunately I didn't sell all my flutes.  I still have a great 2.7, a 2.0 and a 1.6 that I can't wait to play.

There are now quite a few N.A.E.T. practitioners in the U.S.  Nothing works for everyone, but, if you are allergic to urushi, mold or other types of lacquer it might be worth looking into.

Happy to be playing again,

peter

#2 2007-10-29 18:59:21

geni
Performer & Teacher
Website

Re: Treatment for urushi/mold sensitivity etc.

Cograts Peter.
How is the jazz piano going:-)
G

#3 2007-10-29 19:28:25

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Welcome back to the world of crazy shakuhachi, PR.

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#4 2007-11-05 20:39:09

peteross
Website

Gracias amigo...........

#5 2007-11-05 22:26:22

chikuzen
Dai Shihan/Dokyoku
Website

Hi Peter. I did the same treatments for several allergies including cats, mold, cedar pollen, & trees in general. I took in cat hair from several students cats and I have become somewhat less sensitive to them but one's students cats kill me. I don't have the red eye reaction to them now but after 4 hr. in anyone's house I'm dead. There are "good" guys and "bad" guys out there with this treatment. An Indian lady who is now in Arizona started it and a bunch of people (mainly chiropractors) jumped on board in the US anyway, and are making a lot of money off it. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I'm glad it's working for you. If you try, I would get opinions from people who have visited the doctor.

Michael Chikuzen Gould

Board footer