Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-11-06 17:48:08

Jim_Franklin
Shihan/KSK

Shakuhachi Teaching in Germany - KSK (school of Katsuya Yokoyama)

Dear Shakuhachi-Friends,

For those of you in German space with interest in learning shakuhachi, specifically in the direction of the Kokusai Shakuhachi Kenshukan (the school of Katsuya Yokoyama): my teaching area has expanded considerably in recent months, and I now have teaching groups (_real_ dojos with face-to.face, direct contact with a flesh-and-blood qualified teacher) in the following areas:

- Nuremberg
- Stuttgart
- Bamberg
- Hannover
- Duisburg
- Warburg (near Kassel)

Groups in Berlin and at Bodensee are in the process of being formed.

In Nuremberg (where I live) I offer appointments to suit, on an individual basis. In the other locations I teach for a day once per fortnight or once per month, whereby students can coem and go as the wish, and can stay as long as they like, and listen to one another's individual lessons. Each student gets an individual, face-to-face lesson of generally one hour. Teaching is in German for German speakers (ich spreche fließend Deutsch), English (my native language), or (if necessary or helpful) Italian (si parla anche italiano).

Having trained with Riley Lee, Furuya Teruo and Yokoyama Katsuya, I focus on the honkyoku from Yokoyama's repertoire, as well as improvisation and modern music if desired.

If you're interested, I'd be happy to assist you - e-mail is probably easiest: dr_jim_franklin@t-online.de

Also, don't forget to check the website of the European Shakuhachi Society: www.shakuhachisociety.eu   . Here you'll find details of shakuhachi events in Europe, as well as details of concerts, courses etc given by me and other teachers (from a range of traditions) in Europe, where shakuhachi can be heard, and learned, in direct transmission.

Best regards,

Jim Franklin
Dr. Jim Franklin
Shakuhachi performer and composer
Shihan, KSK
Chairperson, European Shakuhachi Society

#2 2007-11-07 13:58:50

Spiralbrain

Re: Shakuhachi Teaching in Germany - KSK (school of Katsuya Yokoyama)

good to read that, Hannover is not that far away

Board footer