Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2010-03-15 18:27:06

mayberryjl
Website

Compliments from the Neighbor

So I live next to this little old lady. She's really fun and we talk over the fence a lot.  When I started practicing after I made my first flute she came over and knocked on the door and asked if everything was OK because there was a whole lot of weird noises she heard.  I said yes and explained everything and she said "Well....good luck with that I guess."

Today after I had finished my practice I was just blowing with a blank mind and was about 10 minutes into a good meditation and there was a knock on the door.  Was my neighbor again. She came by to ask if she was hearing me play or a recording.  I said it was me and she said I had definatly improved.  A good way to start my Monday.

Just thought I would share.

Growing feathers is easy.  It's the flying that takes practice.
~JLM

#2 2010-03-15 18:30:52

Jim Thompson

Re: Compliments from the Neighbor

Growth is a good vibe.

" Who do you trust , me or your own eyes?" - Groucho Marx

#3 2010-03-15 18:54:43

MikeL

That's fun. I knew an elderly woman, the property owner actually, who lived one floor below me in a 3
story apartment building. Although she had lived in the US for decades, and raised at least two children
that I knew of, as in "met", she didn't speak a word of English, or didn't let on if she did. I was always
curious to know what she made of my practice. Must have been very strange for her I'd guess. Probably not the
strangest thing if you've been a "landlord", as we call it here, for any length of time. Maybe good strange smile

I hope so.

#4 2010-03-16 09:31:07

MikeL

Risking reviving the "jokes" thread, but I remember posting a "neighbor" related joke a while back.
Not my own creation, shakuhachi substituted for another instrument. I thought it was funny when I read the original.

#5 2010-03-16 09:37:06

purehappiness

Some of the best music comes when we don't try. smile

I was not conscious whether I was riding on the wind or the wind was riding on me.

Lieh-tzu

#6 2010-03-16 12:24:53

mayberryjl
Website

indeed it does, but I still want to play Tamuke.......

Growing feathers is easy.  It's the flying that takes practice.
~JLM

Board footer